Decisions, decisions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Young Marino

Decisions, decisions

Postby Young Marino » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:31 pm

I want to get TLS opinion on this.. I just got offered a job in my local gov that has really solid benefits and starts at $40k a year and has some room for growth. I'm seriously debating on whether to go to law school or take some time off to work this job because it's something that I would really enjoy doing work wise. I know the pay isn't stellar starting out but over time it may lead to better pay. On the other hand, I've always wanted to go to LS but the job market is still lagging and the prospect of going really deep into debt does not bode well with me especially going to a TT. But I know I would enjoy working as an attorney. What would TLS do? Job or LS? Keep in mind that I have a b.a. in poli sci so this kind of job offer is probably the best I'm gonna get.

RCO2012

Re: Decisions, decisions

Postby RCO2012 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:00 pm

Did you just finish UG? If so, then yes take a gap year(s). Are your scores not good enough to get you into a T14? If so, then yes, take a gap year(s).

Young Marino

Postby Young Marino » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:48 pm

RCO2012 wrote:Did you just finish UG? If so, then yes take a gap year(s). Are your scores not good enough to get you into a T14? If so, then yes, take a gap year(s).

Yea thats what I'm thinking. Just study for 2 years while working this job then go to a t14. I finished UG in may and have just been taking time off since. I have a 3.8 LSAC gpa so a high lsat score will definitely put me over the edge and I think professional WE will be an asset

HYSenberg

Postby HYSenberg » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:18 pm

I'd choose that government job over Miami all day. Great job security and benefits are much better than a TTT law degree these days.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”