Work in Korea

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
june2014

Work in Korea

Postby june2014 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:41 am

I have questions I just can't seem to find the answers to, and if anyone knows the answers to them, I'd really appreciate a reply. I'm wondering if there is anything a JD lawyer fluent in both Korean and English can do in Korea in general crime, or just anything other than corporate law/banking/international transactions/tax etc along those lines. Also, do firms in Korea require JD lawyers to have some experience in the US, or is it possible to work in Korea right after passing the bar? I know that some firms require foreign lawyers to practice a minimum of two years in the home jurisdiction of the international firm, but I'm not sure if this is the case with most or all firms.

DoveBodyWash

Re: Work in Korea

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:32 pm

june2014 wrote:I have questions I just can't seem to find the answers to, and if anyone knows the answers to them, I'd really appreciate a reply. I'm wondering if there is anything a JD lawyer fluent in both Korean and English can do in Korea in general crime, or just anything other than corporate law/banking/international transactions/tax etc along those lines. Also, do firms in Korea require JD lawyers to have some experience in the US, or is it possible to work in Korea right after passing the bar? I know that some firms require foreign lawyers to practice a minimum of two years in the home jurisdiction of the international firm, but I'm not sure if this is the case with most or all firms.

PMed u

dannywlim

Re: Work in Korea

Postby dannywlim » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:39 am

Can you please provide me with the information also?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”