Evidence---> flowchart for which article applies

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Hutz_and_Goodman

Evidence---> flowchart for which article applies

Postby Hutz_and_Goodman » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:29 pm

I'm working on learning evidence for the exam. It seems to me that the hardest thing is figuring out quickly which rule applies, to then consult the language. In some cases this is easy: if a privilege is involved go to article V. In other cases this is harder. Does anyone have or know of a method for determining this? Or is this just something you get better at by practicing the application of the rules?

Thanks in advance

kalvano

Re: Evidence---> flowchart for which article applies

Postby kalvano » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:53 am

Search this forum for posts by me with "evidence short sheet" in the subject line. I've posted a short sheet before that's amazing.

UnderrateOverachieve

Postby UnderrateOverachieve » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:39 am

kalvano wrote:Search this forum for posts by me with "evidence short sheet" in the subject line. I've posted a short sheet before that's amazing.

Short sheet is great. Unfortunately, it does not use the new restyled language, but it is a good tool.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:32 am

The restyled language is pretty meaningless. No substantive changes really, and if there are, it's noted on the sheet.

I took Evidence after the restyling and using the new language and it was not an issue.

Don't overcomplicate Evidence. It's pretty straightforward.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”