Yale 1L Tells All

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
macha

Re: Yale 1L Tells All

Postby macha » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:27 pm

Has anyone done interesting clinic work that they'd be willing to describe? Just curious about people's experiences re: Yale clinics...

RunnerRunner

Postby RunnerRunner » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:59 pm

I've got a housing question: how difficult would living on your own make things, financially speaking, if you have no money and are relying on whatever aid Yale throws your way? More specifically I'm looking at New Haven Towers' studios around $1,100/month. Is that doable or should I really be trying to find some roommates?

Thanks in advance to any Yalies who can speak to this!!!

Cicero76

Postby Cicero76 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:52 pm

RunnerRunner wrote:I've got a housing question: how difficult would living on your own make things, financially speaking, if you have no money and are relying on whatever aid Yale throws your way? More specifically I'm looking at New Haven Towers' studios around $1,100/month. Is that doable or should I really be trying to find some roommates?

Thanks in advance to any Yalies who can speak to this!!!

That will be tough. With rent that high, you rack up credit card debt unless you live really frugally. I was in a similar situation and I've only caught up to my expenses by getting a teaching assistant job.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”