how to have some idea what coursework is remedial?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.

how to have some idea what coursework is remedial?

Postby majorsplit2012 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:20 pm

I am fairly confused on how to determine which undergraduate courses wont be scored when sending your undergraduate record to LSAC. On the grade summarization page on LSAC, it said they are counted unless they are clearly indicated remedial.

I called LSAC, and one person said, it says it on your transcript, and another person said the schools provide them a list of courses.

I already expect that my courses (Reading Strategies, Study Strategies, Intro to College Math) wont likely be scored since those were the only three I had taken to my knowledge, I was aware of were remedial.

Now, I am concerned that other courses I did well in wont count (like College English I and II, Intro to Soc, General Psyc, Fundamentals of Chemistry).

Has anyone had any experience with this. What courses were considered remedial that you took? any insight would be welcome as I called my registrar's dept and they don't seem aware the school sends that info to LSAC.

Also, those three courses I mentioned I expected to be remedial, were in the 1000s level, and I wasn't sure either if remedials are in the 000s?

A. Nony Mouse

Re: how to have some idea what coursework is remedial?

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:28 pm

One thread per topic, please.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”