2L Reading

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Lacepiece23

2L Reading

Postby Lacepiece23 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:30 am

3Ls did you guys read for class last year. Just curious. Did you spend as much time doing the reading or was it kinda of a skimming type thing?

Gorki

Re: 2L Reading

Postby Gorki » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:49 pm

I sorta felt out how the classes would be graded. Any classes w/routine quizzes I read for. Classes with take home finals I seriously did no reading, but showed up in class and took notes. I did not have any racehorse exams in 2L so idk what I'd do in that circumstance.

What was more important is that I never read a case more than once. If it made 0 sense I got a supp from the library and just looked it up. The beauty of 2L for me was that for the most part the same super competitive kids from 1L chilled out a lot, whereas I never really got super competitive or strive-ish during 1L at all (my bad).

hope this helps.

Lacepiece23

Re: 2L Reading

Postby Lacepiece23 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:34 pm

Gorki wrote:I sorta felt out how the classes would be graded. Any classes w/routine quizzes I read for. Classes with take home finals I seriously did no reading, but showed up in class and took notes. I did not have any racehorse exams in 2L so idk what I'd do in that circumstance.

What was more important is that I never read a case more than once. If it made 0 sense I got a supp from the library and just looked it up. The beauty of 2L for me was that for the most part the same super competitive kids from 1L chilled out a lot, whereas I never really got super competitive or strive-ish during 1L at all (my bad).

hope this helps.

Yeah actually it does help a lot. Thanks. I've just heard how some people say that 2L is a joke. I don't have a journal. However, it seems that the classes aren't going to differ that much from 1L except for the fact that I can now pick my classes.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”