Professor's first time teaching class

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
AlanShore

Professor's first time teaching class

Postby AlanShore » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:27 am

It will be my property professor's first time teaching property. Any good study tips for my situation? (since I won't be able to get any old outlines or old exams from this particular class/professor combo)

I still intend on trying to get some old property outlines and exams taught by other professors but I have read that understanding how your professor words questions or what they emphasize on exams is important. Any tips?

Geaux12

Re: Professor's first time teaching class

Postby Geaux12 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:29 am

Go to office hours. Ask what s/he wants to see on the exam. If s/he says the exam hasn't been written or they haven't decided, explain your position and ask what advice they have to offer. Act accordingly.

AlanShore

Re: Professor's first time teaching class

Postby AlanShore » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:32 am

Geaux12 wrote:Go to office hours. Ask what s/he wants to see on the exam. If s/he says the exam hasn't been written or they haven't decided, explain your position and ask what advice they have to offer. Act accordingly.

Thanks. Would it be helpful to glance at exams from other classes she's taught? To get a feel for her exams- issue spotting questions or policy heavy questions etc.

Or could that totally vary by class?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”