Distractions during 1L

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
nickb285

Re: Distractions during 1L

Postby nickb285 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:52 pm

hoos89 wrote:
nickb285 wrote:On the plus side, the female students/future students here don't have to worry about bizzy hitting on them, because they are a disaster waiting to happen and/or not high quality enough.

To be fair, dating someone in law school is a bad idea most of the time.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing, just pointing out that Bizzy's strict standards of female quality mean that women here don't have to be concerned that he'll try to be a good friend to them like he was to the woman in his "entertaining" story.

blsingindisguise

Postby blsingindisguise » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:53 pm

It's funny how this all started with Bizzy just coming in and dropping a completely out-of-left-field post so he could air his own irrelevant grudge against women.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:54 pm

nickb285 wrote:
hoos89 wrote:
nickb285 wrote:On the plus side, the female students/future students here don't have to worry about bizzy hitting on them, because they are a disaster waiting to happen and/or not high quality enough.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing, just pointing out that Bizzy's strict standards of female quality mean that women here don't have to be concerned that he'll try to be a good friend to them like he was to the woman in his "entertaining" story.

Yeah, the fact that law school relationships don't work a lot of the time and can be pretty awkward in a 1L section isn't particularly relevant, except to the OP (which has LONG since been abandoned).

nickb285

Postby nickb285 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:54 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:You guys are wearing me out. I am typing too much.

I can see why you chose law school as a career path.

bizzybone1313

Postby bizzybone1313 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:57 pm

nickb285 wrote:
hoos89 wrote:

This will happen to you at some point, my friend. There have undoubtedly been women that have been interested in more than being your friend and you turned them down without knowing it.

And it isn't a good feeling. Some women might find it amusing to turn down guys, but the couple of times I have done it it didn't feel good.
Last edited by bizzybone1313 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bizzybone1313

Postby bizzybone1313 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:58 pm

blsingindisguise wrote:It's funny how this all started with Bizzy just coming in and dropping a completely out-of-left-field post so he could air his own irrelevant grudge against women.

I have no grudge against women. It may have come off that way, but that wasn't the goal.

nickb285

Postby nickb285 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:58 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:This will happen to you at some point, my friend. There have undoubtedly been women that have been interested in more than being your friend and you were turning them down without knowing it.

And it isn't a good feeling. Some women might find it amusing to turn down guys, but the couple of times I have done it it didn't feel good.

Yeah, your posts ITT have made it clear you're pretty broken up about disappointing her.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:01 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:
nickb285 wrote:
hoos89 wrote:

This will happen to you at some point, my friend. There have undoubtedly been women that have been interested in more than being your friend and you were turning them down without knowing it.

Rejecting/being rejected doesn't feel good. Fucking duh. Not every dude who hits on a girl and gets turned down is a creepy, entitled asshole (although hopefully most of the creepy assholes are getting turned down). Sometimes they're just not the girl's type, and it's entirely her prerogative to decide. ("Nice guy" entitlement ahoy.)

gonewiththewind

Postby gonewiththewind » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:06 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:
blsingindisguise wrote:It's funny how this all started with Bizzy just coming in and dropping a completely out-of-left-field post so he could air his own irrelevant grudge against women.

I have no grudge against women. It may have come off that way, but that wasn't the goal.

Pretty sure Bizzy is an alt for Carlos Danger.

hoos89

Postby hoos89 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:07 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nickb285

Postby nickb285 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:09 pm

hoos89 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Rejecting/being rejected doesn't feel good. Fucking duh. Not every dude who hits on a girl and gets turned down is a creepy, entitled asshole (although hopefully most of the creepy assholes are getting turned down). Sometimes they're just not the girl's type, and it's entirely her prerogative to decide. ("Nice guy" entitlement ahoy.)

You really seem to have a bone to pick on the nice guy thing. Bizzy is literally the last person in this thread I would pick to think of himself as a nice guy.

I suspect Bizzy is one of those guys who "used to think of myself as a 'nice guy,' then I learned how to play the game.'"

chem

Postby chem » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:11 pm

chem wrote:
chem wrote:
chem wrote:
chem wrote:Girl, you are testa-FINE

Are you pro-bono or just happy to see me?

I'd like to sue the pants of you

You want to approach the bench and badger my witness?

Nice reBUTTal

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:13 pm

hoos89 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Rejecting/being rejected doesn't feel good. Fucking duh. Not every dude who hits on a girl and gets turned down is a creepy, entitled asshole (although hopefully most of the creepy assholes are getting turned down). Sometimes they're just not the girl's type, and it's entirely her prerogative to decide. ("Nice guy" entitlement ahoy.)

You really seem to have a bone to pick on the nice guy thing. Bizzy is literally the last person in this thread I would pick to think of himself as a nice guy.

I'm talking about his apparent feelings that women shouldn't reject unwanted advances from men. It's definitely not entirely the same as "nice guy" syndrome but has some marked similarities in terms of entitlement.

nickb285

Postby nickb285 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:14 pm

Chem desperately trying to keep the thread on the topic of bad legal pickup lines.

shazi

Postby shazi » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:17 pm

Dayum check out that chick's IRAC !!!

RodneyRuxin

Postby RodneyRuxin » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:21 pm

shazi wrote:Dayum check out that chick's IRAC !!!

SFSpartan

Postby SFSpartan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:32 pm

ITT: Funny puns and a misogynist trying to defend himself

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:48 pm

That's pretty much what he does everywhere. All threads are an opportunity for him to lay down some entirely irrelevant anecdote about himself.

Samara

Postby Samara » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:54 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:

That's pretty much what he does everywhere. All threads are an opportunity for him to lay down some entirely irrelevant anecdote about himself.

I guess he's played all the video games and watched every LeBron dunk video. I mean, for him to post such irrelevant anecdotes, he must literally have nothing to do.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:05 pm

Isn't bizzy just flaming us for amusement? none of what he has said is realistic dialogue or commentary. I think its a joke..

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:08 pm

Cobretti wrote:bizzy's posting ITT should be very relevant for this thread

oh and so much this lololol

bizzy you better start preparing them gift baskets w cash cause you're gonna be pleading w/ everyone in this thread to let you edit out your comments come mostly-female-deans/adcoms-read-your-TLS-posts time.

i don't think asha/faye/jessica are hot for dbag

ETA: actually JS might be just a little :P

but not at your level

SemperLegal

Postby SemperLegal » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:23 pm

chipotle wrote:I'm talking about social drama stuff.

Are 1L's with SOs better off in terms of drama because they are less preyed upon by 2Ls and 3Ls who have more time on hand

I'm going to pretend all the weirdness didn't happen.

Being a 1L with an SO can be the biggest distraction of all. Going out for drinks looking to meet women is 1000x less time-intensive than trying to explain to a loved one why you are never home, why you can't spend hours talking about nothing anymore, or why you can't take your traditional three day road trip during thanksgiving. Its a pain. On the other hand, having a stable, loving, partner can make law school less terrifying, self-esteem crushing, and risky.

It really depends on the person, but I defitnely wouldn't get in or out of a significant relationship solely to be more focused.

More on point, "Hey baby, how about we get out of here and you let me breach your doody?"

Panth8080

Postby Panth8080 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:50 pm

Look at the huge "torts" on that girl!

Hey baby, I know "U-C-C" me as the man of your dreams!

blsingindisguise

Postby blsingindisguise » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:52 pm

Panth8080 wrote:Look at the huge "torts" on that girl!

favorite one so far

Scotusnerd

Postby Scotusnerd » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:52 pm

SemperLegal wrote:It really depends on the person,

The bolded is the real truth. The rest varies from couple to couple.

I personally found being with my SO to be the best part of law school. Being able to come home and leave the law school at school was wonderful. She'd tell me all about her day, and we'd discuss various stuffs.

It will certainly test your relationship. But no more than any other life experience would. If you can't survive it, it was either a bad relationship or one or both of you made some shitty decisions along the way.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”