Follow up to Scheiber's TNR article

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Ramius

Follow up to Scheiber's TNR article

Postby Ramius » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:07 am

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1139 ... -symposium

Figured I would ask people currently affected by the state of legal education what they think of some of these ideas. Some of them have been hashed out ad nauseum both on here and at places like ATL, but a few were new, at least to me. I particularly liked the final thought by the GC of Cisco with the paid internship. Not only does it eliminate a huge chunk of the cost of the third year of law school, but it also helps to create actual practical experience prior to leaving the nest.

Anyway, I'm nothing but an intrigued 0L nub, so what do y'all think?

guano

Re: Follow up to Scheiber's TNR article

Postby guano » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:49 am

matthewsean85 wrote:http://www.newrepublic.com/article/113983/how-fix-law-school-symposium

Figured I would ask people currently affected by the state of legal education what they think of some of these ideas. Some of them have been hashed out ad nauseum both on here and at places like ATL, but a few were new, at least to me. I particularly liked the final thought by the GC of Cisco with the paid internship. Not only does it eliminate a huge chunk of the cost of the third year of law school, but it also helps to create actual practical experience prior to leaving the nest.

Anyway, I'm nothing but an intrigued 0L nub, so what do y'all think?

There are 3 or 4 threads on the topic already

Ramius

Re: Follow up to Scheiber's TNR article

Postby Ramius » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:53 am

Sorry, only one I saw was in Legal Employment where I shouldn't be posting. Plus I figured this is a somewhat separate discussion given that these seem to be responses to Scheiber's article, not the article itself. But the thread can go ahead and die and I'll hit the search function harder next time.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”