Patent Law market: Growth or plateau?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
MormonChristian

Re: Patent Law market: Growth or plateau?

Postby MormonChristian » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:47 pm

ampm wrote: Interesting. If you don't mind me asking, could you provide some specifics about your background i.e. ugrad degree? And are you referring to lit. or pros.?

I am a chemical engineer with WE.

Prosecution is increasing, is what I have been told. Many people don't want to do prosecution though.

I think your answers to your questions will depend on the person you ask.

I talked to one old grumpy patent lawyer and he says his practice hasn't changed.

I talked to another and she says her business has decreased.

I talked to another and he says he is overwhelmed.

I couldn't find the statistics. I didn't look too hard.

Patent trolling seems to be popular though.

ampm

Postby ampm » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:19 pm

MormonChristian wrote:
ampm wrote: Interesting. If you don't mind me asking, could you provide some specifics about your background i.e. ugrad degree? And are you referring to lit. or pros.?

I am a chemical engineer with WE.

Prosecution is increasing, is what I have been told. Many people don't want to do prosecution though.

I think your answers to your questions will depend on the person you ask.

I talked to one old grumpy patent lawyer and he says his practice hasn't changed.

I talked to another and she says her business has decreased.

I talked to another and he says he is overwhelmed.

I couldn't find the statistics. I didn't look too hard.

Patent trolling seems to be popular though.

Thanks for the input. Many people on this thread seem to fail to understand that I very well know that things will undoubtedly change. Just curious to see what people currently working and those seeking work are experiencing.

Got a few q's which I'll pm.

Kafkaesquire

Postby Kafkaesquire » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:11 am

ampm wrote:Many people on this thread seem to fail to understand that I very well know that things will undoubtedly change. Just curious to see what people currently working and those seeking work are experiencing.

Thank goodness.

ampm

Postby ampm » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:55 pm

Kafkaesquire wrote:
ampm wrote:Many people on this thread seem to fail to understand that I very well know that things will undoubtedly change. Just curious to see what people currently working and those seeking work are experiencing.

Thank goodness.

You're prob the weirdest and oddest poster I've met on tls. It's like you lack the willpower to not respond on a thread that you have issue with. not a good quality to have as a lawyer 'bro'.

Kafkaesquire

Postby Kafkaesquire » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:32 pm

ampm wrote:
Kafkaesquire wrote:

Thank goodness.

You're prob the weirdest and oddest poster I've met on tls. It's like you lack the willpower to not respond on a thread that you have issue with. not a good quality to have as a lawyer 'bro'.

Good thing I'm not a lawyer.

ampm

Postby ampm » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:41 pm

Kafkaesquire wrote:
ampm wrote:
Kafkaesquire wrote:

Thank goodness.

Good thing I'm not a lawyer.

good. keep it that way.

anyway, thread is done. I've got what I needed.

thanks for posting everyone! Will do a lot more research.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”