Sticker debt and mortgages

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Bronte

Re: Sticker debt and mortgages

Postby Bronte » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:31 pm

BruceWayne wrote:
HarlandBassett wrote:
BruceWayne wrote:For those of you who have taken out sticker debt or are planning to do so, what exactly do you plan to do when it comes time to look at purchasing a home? I'm assuming that you have 200K type debt. I'm especially curious about those who have that type of debt but are not going to be working in biglaw.

lol

Contrary to popular TLS opinion there are a lot of people in this boat--like myself for instance.

Yeah I don't see what's so funny about this. A lot of people don't get big law. LRAP or IBR should help.

guano

Postby guano » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:14 am

Bronte wrote:
BruceWayne wrote:
HarlandBassett wrote:
BruceWayne wrote:For those of you who have taken out sticker debt or are planning to do so, what exactly do you plan to do when it comes time to look at purchasing a home? I'm assuming that you have 200K type debt. I'm especially curious about those who have that type of debt but are not going to be working in biglaw.

lol

Contrary to popular TLS opinion there are a lot of people in this boat--like myself for instance.

Yeah I don't see what's so funny about this. A lot of people don't get big law. LRAP or IBR should help.

I think the joke was that people in that boat are completely fucked and therefore unable to buy a home

dixiecupdrinking

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:29 pm

So if you're in an area of the country where buying a home is equal to or cheaper than renting (which makes my NYC ass green with envy), then seems like you should be okay as long as you can get the down payment together, right?

guano

Postby guano » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:16 pm

dixiecupdrinking wrote:So if you're in an area of the country where buying a home is equal to or cheaper than renting (which makes my NYC ass green with envy), then seems like you should be okay as long as you can get the down payment together, right?

More or less.

Your NYc ass should consider the suburbs

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”