Anyone attending Law Preview at USC on wk of 7/8?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
GouldGirl

Anyone attending Law Preview at USC on wk of 7/8?

Postby GouldGirl » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:55 pm

Just saw that Law Preview is advertising on TLS forum. No judgement we all have bills to pay. I actually attended Law Preview on a scholarship two years back. I have mixed feelings about its impact or relationship to actual 1L outcomes but curious to know who is headed to the first of two So Cal sessions beginning next week?

shazi

Re: Anyone attending Law Preview at USC on wk of 7/8?

Postby shazi » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:13 am

Hey, just saw this. I'm in the class right now at SC. Gotta wake up suuuuuper early to make it on time cuz my commute sucks.

First two days of class went pretty well. I found it impossible to absorb everything since class is practically 8 straight hours and really dense and substantive considering we have no prior exposure.

But... I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far. And I'm definitely grasping some of the material. I think it will ultimately be helpful. I can't see how it would hurt.

GouldGirl

Re: Anyone attending Law Preview at USC on wk of 7/8?

Postby GouldGirl » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:27 am

shazi wrote:Hey, just saw this. I'm in the class right now at SC. Gotta wake up suuuuuper early to make it on time cuz my commute sucks.

First two days of class went pretty well. I found it impossible to absorb everything since class is practically 8 straight hours and really dense and substantive considering we have no prior exposure.

But... I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far. And I'm definitely grasping some of the material. I think it will ultimately be helpful. I can't see how it would hurt.

You are right. It won't hurt. I think I may have had somewhat of a false expectation that it would be more of a silver bullet. As you say, because the material is moved through so quickly it was difficult to take it in all it once since it was more than often my first time hearing much of the jargon. I think that just doing it is an indication that you are seriously motivated (as is your commute) and motivation goes a long way given that 1L is quite the trek.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”