Question for UCLA law students and grads

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Ti Malice

Question for UCLA law students and grads

Postby Ti Malice » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:38 am

Have you taken a course with Noah Zatz or Jon Michaels? If not, have you heard anything useful from someone who has? Both will be visiting professors at my school next year, and I'm looking for opinions on their teaching abilities -- and anything else you'd care to add. Thanks in advance.

Ti Malice

Re: Question for UCLA law students and grads

Postby Ti Malice » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:34 pm

Una vez más...

worksmart

Postby worksmart » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:47 pm

Michaels is fantastic. Take him.

Heard mixed things on Zatz based on 1L Contracts. He may be better if you take him for something he specializes in.

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:05 am

Thanks! Great to hear that about Michaels. He's teaching national security law in the fall and admin in the spring. Safe to say, then, that he'd be good for either or both?

As far as Zatz, that lines up with my one other data point on him. He'll be teaching in his areas of interest (employment discrimination law, public benefits law/antipoverty policy), but another Bruin who was relaying opinions from friends said that they found him very knowledgeable but unclear and disorganized in lecture and class discussion. Bummer.

Thanks again.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”