IP Transactions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
chymist

IP Transactions

Postby chymist » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:32 pm

While browsing firm websites I've noticed several of the top general firms have IP Transactions groups. They tend to be smaller than the traditional IP lit/pros groups, and generally the IP lawyers I've spoken to always split IP into lit and pros and never mention transactions.

Anyone know what these groups look for when hiring? Are people in IP transactions just traditional M&A/corporate types that make their way into IP, or do these firms look specifically for people with an IP/tech background (like the pros and to a lesser extent lit groups)? Thanks.

NYstate

Re: IP Transactions

Postby NYstate » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:37 pm

chymist wrote:While browsing firm websites I've noticed several of the top general firms have IP Transactions groups. They tend to be smaller than the traditional IP lit/pros groups, and generally the IP lawyers I've spoken to always split IP into lit and pros and never mention transactions.

Anyone know what these groups look for when hiring? Are people in IP transactions just traditional M&A/corporate types that make their way into IP, or do these firms look specifically for people with an IP/tech background (like the pros and to a lesser extent lit groups)? Thanks.

No not corporate types. The transactional IP practices are based on IP experts.

FSK

Re: IP Transactions

Postby FSK » Wed May 07, 2014 9:25 am

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”