LEEWS at top schools? Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
FryBreadPower

Silver

Re: LEEWS at top schools?

Post by FryBreadPower » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:57 pm

Like almost all things in law school, LEEWS is a tool--if you rely solely on it, you won't do as well as you'd probably like to do. I listened to it and did the exercises. Did it work perfectly in every class? No. I'd say it probably works best in Torts and not so well in other classes (CivPro or ConLaw). That being said, I think there are concepts within LEEWS that are applicable everywhere.

I think it's low-risk, moderate-reward. Just don't treat it like gospel.

anacharsis

New

Post by anacharsis » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:29 pm

anacharsis wrote:Anyone know where to find more hypotheticals with legal "toolboxes," aka the relevant legal principles included with the hypotheticals?

As most of you know, LEEWS had a few of these. I've worked through them and I imagine that they'll be helpful.

Are there any more?
bump

anacharsis

New

Post by anacharsis » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:51 pm

Fuckin hypotheticals that come with the relevant law so that 0Ls can do them. Anyone?

scifiguy

Silver

Post by scifiguy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:36 pm

Lacepiece23 wrote:I used it during the first semester. At a T14 did well last semester. I will say that if u know nothing about law school or law school exams I think LEEWS would be really great over the summer to get your feet wet. I really didn't like their premise counter premise thing just thought it took too much time and i could get all the issues without that step. However, some of the tips were helpful. I honestly think that LEEWS is best done before school. GTM is best done during the semester maybe even being read twice during the semester. And top 8 secrets is most effective the week before exams start.
Why do you say those books should be read at those times? Could you elaborate? TVM.

Lacepiece23

Silver

Post by Lacepiece23 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:19 am

scifiguy wrote:
Lacepiece23 wrote:I used it during the first semester. At a T14 did well last semester. I will say that if u know nothing about law school or law school exams I think LEEWS would be really great over the summer to get your feet wet. I really didn't like their premise counter premise thing just thought it took too much time and i could get all the issues without that step. However, some of the tips were helpful. I honestly think that LEEWS is best done before school. GTM is best done during the semester maybe even being read twice during the semester. And top 8 secrets is most effective the week before exams start.
Why do you say those books should be read at those times? Could you elaborate? TVM.
I just felt like LEEWS is a great introduction to the law because it requires that you know nothing about it at all. GTM requires some substantive knowledge for you to get the most out of it. I recommend that during the semester because you will know enough to not be like wtf are they talking about. 8 top secrets is nice during the exam crunch because its pretty much a short sweet summary of LEEWS and can really cement some concepts that you may have forgotten after reading GTM. Its too time consuming to read GTM right before exams again.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”