For Boston Residents...

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
rambleon65

For Boston Residents...

Postby rambleon65 » Fri May 31, 2013 1:59 am

So looking at housing options, it looks like most leases start Sep 1st. Problem being, w/ school starting the week prior and my wanting a week to get settled in, I'd love to move in around 3rd week of August.

How are landlords around the area with moving in a few week early? Prorated rent is fine too, but...
If not, what did you do for your rising 1L weeks just prior to 9/1?

(as a bonus, anybody know tips on scoring a (infamously hard to find) studio apartment around Central Square / Brookline / Fenway / Alston/Brighton--listed in order of preference?)

Cellar-door

Re: For Boston Residents...

Postby Cellar-door » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:27 pm

rambleon65 wrote:So looking at housing options, it looks like most leases start Sep 1st. Problem being, w/ school starting the week prior and my wanting a week to get settled in, I'd love to move in around 3rd week of August.

How are landlords around the area with moving in a few week early? Prorated rent is fine too, but...
If not, what did you do for your rising 1L weeks just prior to 9/1?

(as a bonus, anybody know tips on scoring a (infamously hard to find) studio apartment around Central Square / Brookline / Fenway / Alston/Brighton--listed in order of preference?)

One thing a lot of students do is sublet the last few weeks from an outgoing tenant and sign a new lease for when the month is up.
Studios are going to be almost impossible to find and/or expensive as hell, Craigslist has a few if you are willing to go $1500 a month or so, you could go through a broker as well, but the price will be similar.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”