Is TLS Discussed at Your Law School?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Is TLS Discussed at Your Law School?

Postby laxbrah420 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:15 pm

thesealocust wrote:
North wrote:
laxbrah420 wrote: :shock:

Yeah.

Any mod, really, I wouldn't be upset if it wasn't VW.


If it WEREN'T, my grammatically challenged friend.

Thanks for sticking up for me

User avatar
moonman157
Posts: 1039
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: Is TLS Discussed at Your Law School?

Postby moonman157 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:21 pm

prāna wrote:DADT


Amazing avatar/post combo

prāna
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:19 pm

Re: Is TLS Discussed at Your Law School?

Postby prāna » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:33 pm

moonman157 wrote:
prāna wrote:DADT


Amazing avatar/post combo


8)

tomwatts
Posts: 1551
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:01 am

Re: Is TLS Discussed at Your Law School?

Postby tomwatts » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:54 pm

Every now and then, someone recognizes me from TLS. It's always a really funny conversation, because they want to thank me for helping them in some way, but they're also a little ashamed of being on TLS, so they end up squirming a bit as they explain what they're saying.

I don't think most people are neurotic trolls IRL, but then, maybe they are.

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7176
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Is TLS Discussed at Your Law School?

Postby UnamSanctam » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:11 pm

tomwatts wrote:Every now and then, someone recognizes me from TLS. It's always a really funny conversation, because they want to thank me for helping them in some way, but they're also a little ashamed of being on TLS, so they end up squirming a bit as they explain what they're saying.

I don't think most people are neurotic trolls IRL, but then, maybe they are.


I was at an event at the beginning of 1L where someone said to someone else, "I really want to meet Unam, [another TLS poster], and [a third TLS poster]. They had good advice that helped me when I was applying." I did not out.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Is TLS Discussed at Your Law School?

Postby Br3v » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:49 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
tomwatts wrote:Every now and then, someone recognizes me from TLS. It's always a really funny conversation, because they want to thank me for helping them in some way, but they're also a little ashamed of being on TLS, so they end up squirming a bit as they explain what they're saying.

I don't think most people are neurotic trolls IRL, but then, maybe they are.


I was at an event at the beginning of 1L where someone said to someone else, "I really want to meet Unam, [another TLS poster], and [a third TLS poster]. They had good advice that helped me when I was applying." I did not out.


This makes you seem like your Batman or something lol.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Is TLS Discussed at Your Law School?

Postby rad lulz » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:42 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
And TLSer's are huge fucking balls of nerves and gunning. People here gun the MPRE and then spend 2 months worrying about passing. LOfuckingL.

Don't think I wouldn't see this dood

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1776
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Is TLS Discussed at Your Law School?

Postby Yukos » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:53 pm

Pretty much everyone I've met hates TLS. Some begrudgingly admit that it was useful and some just say "everyone on that site is a huge dick." There's also waaaaay more lurkers than I realized -- probably something like half the law students I've met have lurked TLS at one point or another but very few post at all and a tiny fraction of those are power users.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2951
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Is TLS Discussed at Your Law School?

Postby ndirish2010 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:29 am

I know who most of the NDLS posters are. There aren't many of us.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Is TLS Discussed at Your Law School?

Postby 09042014 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:54 am

rad lulz wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
And TLSer's are huge fucking balls of nerves and gunning. People here gun the MPRE and then spend 2 months worrying about passing. LOfuckingL.

Don't think I wouldn't see this dood


LOL, not a personal callout there was a thread full of you guys.

Peyton
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 9:40 am

Re: Is TLS Discussed at Your Law School?

Postby Peyton » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:55 am

One person. It was a few weeks ago. It wasn’t that she mentioned TLS, I just happened to see she was on a message board and I asked what it was (she was looking at a clerkship topic). I did notice that she signed on in ’09 and had yet to post a message.

Other than her, nobody IRL. Actually, not surprising given that there are generally 300 people signed onto TLS at any given time and my guess is 200 of those are regulars.

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7317
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Is TLS Discussed at Your Law School?

Postby Danger Zone » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:27 am

Someone walked up to me at school and out of the blue was like "Are you [Danger Zone]?" I was so taken off guard that apparently my shock just looked like confusion, because then the person started explaining to me what TLS is.

LOL. Like I don't know.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Is TLS Discussed at Your Law School?

Postby rad lulz » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:12 am

Desert Fox wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
And TLSer's are huge fucking balls of nerves and gunning. People here gun the MPRE and then spend 2 months worrying about passing. LOfuckingL.

Don't think I wouldn't see this dood


LOL, not a personal callout there was a thread full of you guys.

I know

I feel shame

Over my past MPRE behavior

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: Is TLS Discussed at Your Law School?

Postby 06102016 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:45 am

..




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests