C&F and miscellaneous transcripts

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
magp90

C&F and miscellaneous transcripts

Postby magp90 » Thu May 16, 2013 4:02 pm

So I was one of those schmucks who forgot to send in a couple of transcripts from random college courses I took in high school at universities where I was not a degree-seeking student (obviously). I did very well in the classes and wasn't trying to hide anything... I legitimately forgot.

I called the law school I'm attending in the fall, because I wanted to be forthcoming about the situation and figure out what the next move would be... mostly because I don't want it biting me in the ass come character & fitness time... The person I spoke with said that it was up to me whether or not to send them, because they don't really care at this point and it wouldn't have impacted the admissions process.

My instinct is to send the transcripts regardless... BUT suppose I didn't. Would it be a problem for C&F even if my law school apparently doesn't remotely care? Also, would I send the transcripts to LSAC or to the school?

courtneylove

Re: C&F and miscellaneous transcripts

Postby courtneylove » Sat May 18, 2013 3:27 pm

send them to your school so they're in your file if you really care so much. don't bother sending them to lsac. i took classes at community colleges during the summer all through undergrad and my undergrad school was too snooty to take the grades; i didn't even think to include them until recently, and when i asked, my law school was like, whatever. if they didn't count toward a degree and you weren't seriously enrolled it's not a big deal, and whatever bar you're applying to probably won't care that much either. lots of people take continuing education classes for fun.

magp90

Re: C&F and miscellaneous transcripts

Postby magp90 » Sun May 19, 2013 9:28 am

courtneylove wrote:send them to your school so they're in your file if you really care so much. don't bother sending them to lsac. i took classes at community colleges during the summer all through undergrad and my undergrad school was too snooty to take the grades; i didn't even think to include them until recently, and when i asked, my law school was like, whatever. if they didn't count toward a degree and you weren't seriously enrolled it's not a big deal, and whatever bar you're applying to probably won't care that much either. lots of people take continuing education classes for fun.

Gotcha, thanks!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”