Homeless route?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
jdmonkey

Re: Homeless route?

Postby jdmonkey » Thu May 09, 2013 12:43 pm

You are an idiot of the highest order. If you are having that much financial difficulty I would let Penn know and I'm sure they would put you in a dorm or something. That school has so much money they would not take the PR hit of having a homeless law student. Even if you got into a shelter you wouldn't have personal space to study. It is amazing that some people can be so book smart, but have zero common sense. You sir should use your undergraduate degree as a paper weight, since you obviously did not learn a damn thing.
Last edited by jdmonkey on Thu May 09, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Thu May 09, 2013 12:45 pm

I don't go into the ontopics much anymore. What in the FUCK has happened to TLS' obvious troll detector?

bananapeanutbutter

Postby bananapeanutbutter » Thu May 09, 2013 12:55 pm

jdmonkey wrote:You are an idiot of the highest order. If you are having that much financial difficulty I would let Penn know and I'm sure they would put you in a dorm or something. That school has so much money they would not take the PR hit of having a homeless law student. Even if you got into a shelter you wouldn't have personal space to study. It is amazing that some people can be so book smart, but have zero common sense. You sir should use your undergraduate degree as a paper weight, since you obviously did not learn a damn thing.

i don't think they should notify penn. i'd look to rescind this acceptance if i was them. they aren't desperate to fill seats, and why would you want to take on an idiot with their insurance liability?

slidersRocck

Postby slidersRocck » Thu May 09, 2013 7:17 pm

Thanks for all the advice! I'm going to consider it wisely :)

TROLLLLLLLLINNNNGGGG ISSSS FUNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Thu May 09, 2013 7:20 pm

slidersRocck wrote:Thanks for all the advice! I'm going to consider it wisely :)

#BornToTroll

jwinaz

Postby jwinaz » Thu May 09, 2013 8:09 pm

slidersRocck wrote:Thanks for all the advice! I'm going to consider it wisely :)

So this whole thing was a joke?

You wasted people's valuable time and I suggest you avoid doing so in the future.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Thu May 09, 2013 8:40 pm

If I were a guy, I'd honestly consider going homeless for awhile. Not a whole school year, but probably a couple of weeks.

Total Litigator

Postby Total Litigator » Thu May 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Well in that case, setting up camp under a bridge is definitely TCR.

dudley12

Postby dudley12 » Fri May 10, 2013 9:28 pm

jrsbaseball5 wrote:
dudley12 wrote:
slidersRocck wrote:My username got banned? and my last post is locked, I don't think I did anything weird so Im being sure to not check any boxes or select anything weird in this post.

Here it is again:

Hey ya'll. I'll be heading to Penn this fall and I think I'm gonna go without housing the first year, well, at least the first semester. Anyone else trying/tried the homeless route? I've heard good things and bad - less stress, more time for exploring the city, better on the enviroment... but not as much "decent" sleep and not as many friends.

Any advice for a newbie?

i know someone at Miami who did this but they stayed in a camping tent and had duel cookers for noodles and a special extra room in the tent for when friends came over.

Seriously?

he also had a special rain-blocking system but apparently those aren't allowed at some parks since they cause pollution

Tekrul

Postby Tekrul » Fri May 10, 2013 11:11 pm

An NYU student did do this. He chronicled his daily struggle for survival which involved finding places to hide and sleep indoors, using the library as his home, etc. Eventually NYU gave him free housing when he garnered a groundswell of pity and publicity.

btw, to OP, you may refer to point (1) of my first post, you poorly bred, distasteful peasant.

Yukos

Postby Yukos » Fri May 10, 2013 11:37 pm

This troll was 140 until people starting buying it. Then he was 180 (the "quoting" by apparently copy-pasting the whole screen was a great touch), and then he admitted that he was just a troll and went down to 120.

rickgrimes69

Postby rickgrimes69 » Sat May 11, 2013 1:50 am

Yukos wrote:This troll was 140 until people starting buying it. Then he was 180 (the "quoting" by apparently copy-pasting the whole screen was a great touch), and then he admitted that he was just a troll and went down to 120.

I agree with every word of this

slidersRoccck

Postby slidersRoccck » Sat May 11, 2013 5:35 am

Yukos wrote:This troll was 140 until people starting buying it. Then he was 180 (the "quoting" by apparently copy-pasting the whole screen was a great touch)

I'm glad someone appreciates the humor behind the block-and-copy quoting :)

Tekrul wrote:btw, to OP, you may refer to point (1) of my first post, you poorly bred, distasteful peasant.

Totally agree Tekrul!

slidersRoccck

Postby slidersRoccck » Sat May 11, 2013 5:54 am

some of my absolute favorite replies:

jdmonkey wrote:You are an idiot of the highest order....You sir should use your undergraduate degree as a paper weight, since you obviously did not learn a damn thing.

bananapeanutbutter wrote:You are going to get robbed, and ass raped.

stillwater wrote:First thing first, its a lifestyle, not a convenience.

Winner:

Total Litigator wrote:Are you going to law school to go to law school or are you looking for a loan to fund your adventures while you haphazardly explore the Philly underworld? I think you have forgotten the law school part of law school. Have fun studying in your tent in December, wrapped in several parkas and old sleeping bags, as you struggle to stay warm and conscious while attempting to learn the intricacies of personal jurisdiction by the light of a dying beeswax candle.

Postby 09042014 » Sat May 11, 2013 5:57 am

You could definitely pull this off at northwestern law. There are showers and a couple places have couches that you can sleep on.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”