1L clothing investment.

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
jwinaz

Re: 1L clothing investment.

Postby jwinaz » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:46 pm

cinephile wrote:True story: I keep a suit in my locker at all times, in case an event comes up and I need to be properly dressed. So, it's best to have several suits if you're going to keep one in your locker.

How common are these lockers in law school? How big are they?

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:50 pm

jwinaz wrote:
cinephile wrote:True story: I keep a suit in my locker at all times, in case an event comes up and I need to be properly dressed. So, it's best to have several suits if you're going to keep one in your locker.

How common are these lockers in law school? How big are they?

Ours are long and skinny. You can't stick a backpack full of casebooks inside--you'd need to empty it first to make it fit. I'm pretty sure most law schools have lockers, it contributes to the feeling of being infantilized (which I'm sure is the school's intention).

qwertyboard

Postby qwertyboard » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:30 pm

you may joke all you want but I bought some suits before waste all my savings in bars....

michaelm55

Postby michaelm55 » Sat May 04, 2013 5:29 pm

I have been in classes at UT Law, and everyone wore jeans and a t-shirt or sweater. Class is like undergrad in terms of formality, at least right before Thanksgiving. You definitely need a nice suit, but not very often will you wear it during the school year.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Sat May 04, 2013 5:32 pm

michaelm55 wrote:I have been in classes at UT Law, and everyone wore jeans and a t-shirt or sweater. Class is like undergrad in terms of formality, at least right before Thanksgiving. You definitely need a nice suit, but not very often will you wear it during the school year.

This is why UT will never be a T14.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat May 04, 2013 5:36 pm

really not a bad idea

HBBJohnStamos

Postby HBBJohnStamos » Sat May 04, 2013 7:27 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Nobody is factoring in the 1L Twenty.

Being a skinny fat breh is pretty cool in this respect.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”