Would you do this?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
justonemoregame

Would you do this?

Postby justonemoregame » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:05 pm

Popped into Panera with the gf for brunch this morning, sit down to eat, and lo and behold, our neighbor is a law student who is taking an exam. We found this out after she requested that another couple move down a couple tables because their game of yahtzee was distracting her, and she only had so much time to finish. Mind you, this is like the busiest hours of the week, Saturday morning, - there are kids, the place is packed, there is a line out the door, I could hardly hear the dice over everyone's conversation, and we were like five feet away - basically the only open spots were on the row with law student and yahtzee couple. And the law student had to remove her earphones to make the request.

The couple was nice - they moved down and stopped their game. I think on most days, I would have done the same thing. But also - how the fuck do you lack the foresight to prevent such a situation? Would you guys have the nerve to behave like this?

Scotchandsoda

Re: Would you do this?

Postby Scotchandsoda » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:24 pm

NOOO! wow, what a douchebag! I mean who would do that?!?!?!

ph14

Postby ph14 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:35 pm

justonemoregame wrote:Popped into Panera with the gf for brunch this morning, sit down to eat, and lo and behold, our neighbor is a law student who is taking an exam. We found this out after she requested that another couple move down a couple tables because their game of yahtzee was distracting her, and she only had so much time to finish. Mind you, this is like the busiest hours of the week, Saturday morning, - there are kids, the place is packed, there is a line out the door, I could hardly hear the dice over everyone's conversation, and we were like five feet away - basically the only open spots were on the row with law student and yahtzee couple. And the law student had to remove her earphones to make the request.

The couple was nice - they moved down and stopped their game. I think on most days, I would have done the same thing. But also - how the fuck do you lack the foresight to prevent such a situation? Would you guys have the nerve to behave like this?

I would've moved, as well. But I would also never take a law school exam in a crowded, busy restaurant...

Tekrul

Postby Tekrul » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:41 pm

I would have politely thanked her for taking the time to notify us of her urgent, important business and apologized as obsequiously as possible in a voice loud enough to be heard by everyone in the restaurant that we were in the presence of SUCH an important law student and that we all needed to be quiet and let her work since, you know, it was a panera and not a public place like her bedroom where noise and a crowd of people are generally welcome when she has her ankles behind her head.

God those yahtzee players daring to play yahtzee in a PANERA?! Interrobang. Could they be any more rude?

Around this time my girlfriend would have her face buried into her arm for being so embarrassed by our horribly rude yahtzee playing and might be pleading me to stop so we could leave and get out of the law student's oh so very valuable hair.

To which I'd respond "ima let you finish, but this is the most important law student of all time. Of ALL time."

Bread bowls with new england clam chowder is delicious.

justonemoregame

Postby justonemoregame » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:16 pm

Yeah, I just thought it was shitty that she probably bought 1 medium coffee and copped free refills for a few hours, and barked at other paying customers having breakfast. I hope she networked with the manager 'cause the school isn't the hottest.

FKASunny

Postby FKASunny » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:31 pm

Does this TTT not have a library?

sidhesadie

Postby sidhesadie » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:12 pm

Or gee, I don't know, does the town/city not have a public library? Who takes an exam in a panera?

northwood

Postby northwood » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:16 pm

I would not take a law exam in panera

NYstate

Postby NYstate » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:27 pm

northwood wrote:I would not take a law exam in panera

Lol. Reading this I just assumed she must work at the Panera ( or nearby)and was doing her exam before work. No idea why I thought that except it was the only way that scenario made sense.

justonemoregame

Postby justonemoregame » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:48 pm

I don't know what she was doing other than failing at life. She was wearing flip flops and short cut-off jammy shorts (cold as balls and raining outside). Probably a shitty judgment, but can't you manage to dress yourself by now? I dunno, take-homes are like 8 hours aren't they? Maybe she's used to studying over coffee away from home, and wanted to do some prelim. research, break for lunch, and write it up elsewhere. Still an ass, though. She's probably whining to somebody about yahtzee couple right now.

Who plays yahtzee in Panera?

Scotusnerd

Postby Scotusnerd » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:03 pm

I'd tell her to study somewhere else, and that her piss-poor attitude was interfering with your yahtzee game. :|

Yukos

Postby Yukos » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:24 am

justonemoregame wrote:Yeah, I just thought it was shitty that she probably bought 1 medium coffee and copped free refills for a few hours, and barked at other paying customers having breakfast. I hope she networked with the manager 'cause the school isn't the hottest.

Out the TTT.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”