Fordham Competitiveness?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
pianogirl

Fordham Competitiveness?

Postby pianogirl » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:58 pm

Can anyone comment on the level of competitiveness at FLS? I know NYC is already very competitive and I'm wondering if it is magnified at Fordham- does it have a rep for being very cutthroat?

dirtrida2

Re: Fordham Competitiveness?

Postby dirtrida2 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:00 pm

pianogirl wrote:Can anyone comment on the level of competitiveness at FLS? I know NYC is already very competitive and I'm wondering if it is magnified at Fordham- does it have a rep for being very cutthroat?

Seeing as you need to be in the top 25%, and that number has dwindled year by year, to land big law - I can only assume that you will run into a lot of competitive students.

froglee

Postby froglee » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:07 am

Fordham is a perfect example of a trap school

mephistopheles

Postby mephistopheles » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:17 am

froglee wrote:Fordham is a perfect example of a trap school

if by trap school, you mean where one goes to put in dat work, yes sir you are correct

guano

Postby guano » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:21 am

dirtrida2 wrote:
pianogirl wrote:Can anyone comment on the level of competitiveness at FLS? I know NYC is already very competitive and I'm wondering if it is magnified at Fordham- does it have a rep for being very cutthroat?

Seeing as you need to be in the top 25%, and that number has dwindled year by year, to land big law - I can only assume that you will run into a lot of competitive students.

No.

The majority of students don't work that hard - although there are plenty who do bust their ass. Cutthroat behavior (such as feeding each other misinformation) is rather rare. Mostly it's a collegial atmosphere.

Idle speculation without actual knowledge does not a good answer make
(AKA you assumed wrong, bitch)

dirtrida2

Postby dirtrida2 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:34 am

guano wrote:
dirtrida2 wrote:

No.

The majority of students don't work that hard - although there are plenty who do bust their ass. Cutthroat behavior (such as feeding each other misinformation) is rather rare. Mostly it's a collegial atmosphere.

I guess you're really enjoying the freedom of anonymity. I know high school must have been tough for you; its OK, things will get better... I promise!

guano

Postby guano » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:38 am

dirtrida2 wrote:I guess you're really enjoying the freedom of anonymity. I know high school must have been tough for you; its OK, things will get better... I promise!

What kind of grade school bullshit comeback is this?

You yourself stated that you are only assuming, which indicates you have no first hand (or even second hand) knowledge.
On the other hand, having matriculated there last August, I do have first hand knowledge. Now stu the fuck up and let the adults do the talking.

dirtrida2

Postby dirtrida2 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:44 am

guano wrote:
dirtrida2 wrote:I guess you're really enjoying the freedom of anonymity. I know high school must have been tough for you; its OK, things will get better... I promise!

You yourself stated that you are only assuming, which indicates you have no first hand (or even second hand) knowledge.
On the other hand, having matriculated there last August, I do have first hand knowledge. Now stu the fuck up and let the adults do the talking.

Thats why I included the term "assumption" in my response.

Please don't reference "grade-school" when you first initiated the name-calling, tough guy.

froglee

Postby froglee » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:45 am

Fordham has a Fashion Law institute, maybe that interests you

http://fashionlawinstitute.com/
Last edited by froglee on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:27 pm

guano wrote:
dirtrida2 wrote:

No.

Does any school really have people that feed misinformation to their peers? That's a pretty low bar.

Anyway, these questions are basically impossible to answer. Each year of students will be different. And your social group may be more or less competitive. Don't let something like this influence your decision, OP. Each law school will have mostly collegial people and some bad apples.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:47 pm

dirtrida2 wrote:
guano wrote:

Please don't reference "grade-school" when you first initiated the name-calling, tough guy.

batshit just shit all over you lil boy.

dirtrida2

Postby dirtrida2 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:31 am

stillwater wrote:
dirtrida2 wrote:
guano wrote:

batshit just shit all over you lil boy.

Feeling real big behind that keyboard of yours.

mephistopheles

Postby mephistopheles » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:27 am

dirtrida2 wrote:Feeling real big behind that keyboard of yours.

you should probably hang your head in shame.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”