Any students that grad. in Aug, that got accepted prior Fall

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
lawschoolnovice1988

Any students that grad. in Aug, that got accepted prior Fall

Postby lawschoolnovice1988 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:20 pm

I will graduate from College with my Bachelor of Science degree August 2014, I am a bit of a nontraditional student and dont want to put off law school for another year, BUT

Given that I will graduate college August 2014, I have already taken the LSAT, and will be applying Fall 2013, would I be dinged and uneligible at various schools? Because my degree will be August, and they prefer May grads? If you graduate in August how can they receive in time your final transcript?

Anyone apply this cycle that will graduate August, and get accepted?? Please help

GertrudePerkins

Re: Any students that grad. in Aug, that got accepted prior Fall

Postby GertrudePerkins » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:27 pm

I'm slightly confused. You're applying for this fall (2013) even though you won't receive your bachelor's degree until next fall (2014)? Why? I don't understand why any law school would admit you more than a year before you graduate from college -- or why you would care to be admitted a year before you can possibly go. Am I misunderstanding your question?

EDITED: Sorry, I think I now understand: You will be applying during this fall for next fall's entering class. Sorry abut the mix-up. I don't really see what's strange about that. That's what most K-JDs do, except that you're graduating at the end of the summer. As long as your two programs don't literally overlap, I'm not sure why there would be a problem.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”