2L classes: strategy?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Hutz_and_Goodman

Gold

2L classes: strategy?

Postby Hutz_and_Goodman » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:02 pm

thinking of taking:
Business organizations
Decedents trusts estates
Evidence
antitrust/tax

I'm planning to work in litigation. I have a strong quantitative background, but unsure of specific practice area. I'm doing big law this summer working on antitrust.

Is there any strategy to picking classes, other than knocking out pre-reqs and developing an understanding material that you think will be relevant to your practice? does it factor in to hiring decisions, or only very marginally?

cinephile

Gold

Re: 2L classes: strategy?

Postby cinephile » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:13 pm

I'd pick uncurved classes or whatever has the least work involved.

Also ones where there are no on-calls, you're allowed to have laptops in class, and there's no attendance policy.

Hutz_and_Goodman

Gold

Re: 2L classes: strategy?

Postby Hutz_and_Goodman » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:22 pm

cinephile wrote:I'd pick uncurved classes or whatever has the least work involved.

Also ones where there are no on-calls, you're allowed to have laptops in class, and there's no attendance policy.

Ha ha. A lot of the classes whether there is a curve depends on the number enrolled, and a lot of the details (paper/exam) are tbd.
But I take the point. I'm planning to take 14 credits. A question is also whether it makes sense to do decedents.

Return to ā€œAsk a Law Student / Graduateā€?