Does the Undergradute Major matter...

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Ohz

Does the Undergradute Major matter...

Postby Ohz » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:27 am

...to prospective employers? I know law schools don't care.

More specifically and more personally, I would like to pursue international law. Will big international law firms have any interest in my undergraduate major? I personally feel an undergraduate degree in international relations would be the most fitting; however, pursuing one in political science or linguistics will take half the time to accomplish.

And another question – If international firms pay relatively no attention to the undergraduate degree, what is it that they are particularly interested in seeing on personal resumes?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Does the Undergradute Major matter...

Postby 005618502 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:37 am

Ohz wrote:...to prospective employers? I know law schools don't care.

More specifically and more personally, I would like to pursue international law. Will big international law firms have any interest in my undergraduate major? I personally feel an undergraduate degree in international relations would be the most fitting; however, pursuing one in political science or linguistics will take half the time to accomplish.

And another question – If international firms pay relatively no attention to the undergraduate degree, what is it that they are particularly interested in seeing on personal resumes?

Thanks in advance!

Jobs will care about the difference between a hard science/engineering degree v. all the rest. doing international relations will give absolutely no benefit over political science. At all

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”