question about law transfers

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
tiffanymiller1

question about law transfers

Postby tiffanymiller1 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:54 pm

I am a 1L and I just had questions about transferring:

1). If you have excellent 1L performance and are a T30 school and you want to transfer to the Top 14, how much emphasis to law schools like: NYU, Columbia, Duke, Georgetown place on pre-law credentials (LSAT and gpa)?

2). Have there ever been any transfer students at schools around 30,with excellent 1L grades, that got accepted to those T 14 schools mentioned above that had a sub 3.0 undergraduate gpa?

buddingjd

Re: question about law transfers

Postby buddingjd » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:58 pm

tiffanymiller1 wrote:I am a 1L and I just had questions about transferring:

1). If you have excellent 1L performance and are a T30 school and you want to transfer to the Top 14, how much emphasis to law schools like: NYU, Columbia, Duke, Georgetown place on pre-law credentials (LSAT and gpa)?

2). Have there ever been any transfer students at schools around 30,with excellent 1L grades, that got accepted to those T 14 schools mentioned above that had a sub 3.0 undergraduate gpa?

1. A few schools give lip service to only accepting transfers that would have been competitive first time around, but most don't seem to care.

2. I'd bet a lot of transfers were splitters during the initial application process.

quiver

Postby quiver » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:53 pm

1. No emphasis.
2. See #1.

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:55 pm

quiver wrote:

1. No emphasis.
2. See #1.

Also, there's an entire forum for Transfer Students. PM a mod and ask them to move this thread over there and you'll probably get more answers.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”