Can any transfers help me??

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
sysuh

Can any transfers help me??

Postby sysuh » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:41 am

Hey all,
I'm currently trying to decide on which law school to attend. I've been accepted at Fordham but I would want to try to transfer out after my first year. I noticed that Fordham doesn't give out official class ranks and only have approximate class rankings from top 10% of the class, 25%, 33%, and 50%. Since I would not have an official number or rank to report when applying as a transfer to another school, will this hurt my chances? Wouldn't it be better to attend somewhere that ranks students if my intent is solely to transfer?

Also, I'd really appreciate if no one suggest that I retake the LSAT. I'm already considering that option as well.

Thanks!

jcg

Re: Can any transfers help me??

Postby jcg » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:48 am

Also, I'd really appreciate if no one suggest that I retake the LSAT.

LMAO!!!!!!!! After viewing this website for a while, I could not stop laughing at that comment. Seriously hilarious.

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:52 am

sysuh wrote:Hey all,
I'm currently trying to decide on which law school to attend. I've been accepted at Fordham but I would want to try to transfer out after my first year. I noticed that Fordham doesn't give out official class ranks and only have approximate class rankings from top 10% of the class, 25%, 33%, and 50%. Since I would not have an official number or rank to report when applying as a transfer to another school, will this hurt my chances? Wouldn't it be better to attend somewhere that ranks students if my intent is solely to transfer?

Also, I'd really appreciate if no one suggest that I retake the LSAT. I'm already considering that option as well.

Thanks!

Yeah, schools like concrete rankings. Retake.

Davidbentley

Postby Davidbentley » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:53 am

So basically you already know what you have to do. Stop trying to control people's responses, Stalin.

quiver

Postby quiver » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:02 am

Retaking the LSAT is much much easier than transferring. Do not attend a school you wouldn't be happy graduating from.

kryptix

Postby kryptix » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:36 am

You would have to be top 10% at Fordham to transfer to HYS and likely around there for CCN, at which point unless your goal is WLRK, your going to get V10 from Fordham anyway so why bother transferring??

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”