would these courses be remedial Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
barberiolisa

New

would these courses be remedial

Post by barberiolisa » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:18 am

I contacted LSAC, and asked how you tell if a course/courses are remedial and they said usually schools give us a printout. I took 2 remedials and when I calculated my LSAC gpa, I excluded them, but it made me worried, what if LSAC counts courses that arent deemed remedial by my school. Only 6 hours by my school were excluded credits toward graduation with the 2 remedial courses.

But would LSAC count these as remedial?

MATH 10050 Intro to College Math

College English I, College English II

Fundamentals of Chemistry

General Psych

Intro to Soc?

toothbrush

Gold

Re: would these courses be remedial

Post by toothbrush » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:28 am

barberiolisa wrote:I contacted LSAC, and asked how you tell if a course/courses are remedial and they said usually schools give us a printout. I took 2 remedials and when I calculated my LSAC gpa, I excluded them, but it made me worried, what if LSAC counts courses that arent deemed remedial by my school. Only 6 hours by my school were excluded credits toward graduation with the 2 remedial courses.

General Psych

Intro to Soc?
i'm confused as to what exactly you're asking

zworykin

Bronze

Post by zworykin » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:17 am

barberiolisa wrote:I contacted LSAC, and asked how you tell if a course/courses are remedial and they said usually schools give us a printout. I took 2 remedials and when I calculated my LSAC gpa, I excluded them, but it made me worried, what if LSAC counts courses that arent deemed remedial by my school. Only 6 hours by my school were excluded credits toward graduation with the 2 remedial courses.

General Psych

Intro to Soc?
I always thought a general rule of thumb was any class numbered lower than 101 was remedial, but that only applies of course to schools that use the "Sociology 101" (etc.) scheme, which it appears yours doesn't? Aside from that, I guess I would have to ask what makes you think any of those would be remedial? The first three have "college" right in the title, so those clearly aren't. The other three are classes that would be almost certainly be listed as a 101-level course, so those aren't remedial, either--especially psych and sociology, which aren't even high school topics in many places.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:55 pm

Yeah, none of those are remedial.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:07 pm

stop making threads.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”