Rolling backpack = gunner?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
User avatar
Scotusnerd
Posts: 813
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby Scotusnerd » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:49 pm

I've never understood this part of TLS. We have a fair number of older, nontraditional students who use roller backpacks. No one gives them shit or talks about them. Frankly, no one cares what sort of backpack you use.

I personally think they're a good idea for short people.

User avatar
Barack O'Drama
Posts: 2159
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby Barack O'Drama » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:53 pm

fatduck wrote:rolling backpacks are so amateur. true gunners use rolling luggage so it looks like they're constantly flying out for interviews.


Hahaha This made me laugh!

FlowBro
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby FlowBro » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:54 pm

Just happened to stumble across my fellow flowbro Con Bro Chill...what a glorious picture, worthy of a repost

Image[/quote]

User avatar
Barack O'Drama
Posts: 2159
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby Barack O'Drama » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:57 pm

What backpacks do some of you use anyways? I'm in the market for a new one and considering a Kenneth Cole messenger bag? Saw them in the apple store and thought they were pretty nice. Thoughts?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H6156 ... g?fnode=50

User avatar
Scotusnerd
Posts: 813
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby Scotusnerd » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:02 pm

GregoryADevine wrote:What backpacks do some of you use anyways? I'm in the market for a new one and considering a Kenneth Cole messenger bag? Saw them in the apple store and thought they were pretty nice. Thoughts?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H6156 ... g?fnode=50



:shock:

ok NO. I'm gonna put this in the same category as people who dress up in suits every day to law school. You do not need a $200 man purse.

Ever.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby fatduck » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:05 pm

Scotusnerd wrote:
GregoryADevine wrote:What backpacks do some of you use anyways? I'm in the market for a new one and considering a Kenneth Cole messenger bag? Saw them in the apple store and thought they were pretty nice. Thoughts?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H6156 ... g?fnode=50



:shock:

ok NO. I'm gonna put this in the same category as people who dress up in suits every day to law school. You do not need a $200 man purse.

Ever.

i've never understood this part of TLS. we have a fair number of younger, fashion-forward students who use messenger bags. no one gives them shit or talks about them. frankly, no one cares what sort of bag you use.

User avatar
Barack O'Drama
Posts: 2159
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby Barack O'Drama » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:06 pm

Scotusnerd wrote:
GregoryADevine wrote:What backpacks do some of you use anyways? I'm in the market for a new one and considering a Kenneth Cole messenger bag? Saw them in the apple store and thought they were pretty nice. Thoughts?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H6156 ... g?fnode=50



:shock:

ok NO. I'm gonna put this in the same category as people who dress up in suits every day to law school. You do not need a $200 man purse.

Ever.


Hey I can't really argue with you...That sounds really pretentious. People actually do that on a large scale? In any case just in need of a new backpack/messenger bag

User avatar
HBBJohnStamos
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby HBBJohnStamos » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:12 pm

Scotusnerd wrote:
GregoryADevine wrote:What backpacks do some of you use anyways? I'm in the market for a new one and considering a Kenneth Cole messenger bag? Saw them in the apple store and thought they were pretty nice. Thoughts?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H6156 ... g?fnode=50



:shock:

ok NO. I'm gonna put this in the same category as people who dress up in suits every day to law school. You do not need a $200 man purse.

Ever.


South cackalacky doesn't care if FATS use roller backpacks, yet does care if men use expensive, feminine side bags? Tell me more.

bfigsan
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:06 pm

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby bfigsan » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:14 pm

I personally use a rolling backpack because case books weigh about ten pounds each and I have no interest in back surgery before age 35.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby Tom Joad » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:15 pm

HBBJohnStamos wrote:
Scotusnerd wrote:
GregoryADevine wrote:What backpacks do some of you use anyways? I'm in the market for a new one and considering a Kenneth Cole messenger bag? Saw them in the apple store and thought they were pretty nice. Thoughts?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H6156 ... g?fnode=50



:shock:

ok NO. I'm gonna put this in the same category as people who dress up in suits every day to law school. You do not need a $200 man purse.

Ever.


South cackalacky doesn't care if FATS use roller backpacks, yet does care if men use expensive, feminine side bags? Tell me more.

GO COCKS!

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby 09042014 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:18 pm

bfigsan wrote:I personally use a rolling backpack because case books weigh about ten pounds each and I have no interest in back surgery before age 35.


You are weak.

User avatar
Scotusnerd
Posts: 813
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby Scotusnerd » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:20 pm

GregoryADevine wrote:
Hey I can't really argue with you...That sounds really pretentious. People actually do that on a large scale? In any case just in need of a new backpack/messenger bag


No worries. I don't mean to sound harsh, it just kinda shocks me what people buy some days. I'm still getting used to this whole 'middle class' thing.


[url]http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A0409825&dgc=ST&cid=72662&lid=1838868&acd=fAbpMa0w
[/url]

This one has served me well for the past 6 years. I'm obviously not an "in-fashion" kind of person, but it seems silly to me to spend $200 on a name and the website that's selling it.

Heck, I use a man purse, but that doesn't mean I think a designer label is a smart idea.

Edit: Fuck yeah go cocks!

eerie_erie
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby eerie_erie » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:23 pm

This thread is entertaining. I actually think that litigation rolling suitcases are more for gunners. But I think when attorneys use them, it's more valid.

User avatar
Barack O'Drama
Posts: 2159
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby Barack O'Drama » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:27 pm

Scotusnerd wrote:
GregoryADevine wrote:
Hey I can't really argue with you...That sounds really pretentious. People actually do that on a large scale? In any case just in need of a new backpack/messenger bag


No worries. I don't mean to sound harsh, it just kinda shocks me what people buy some days. I'm still getting used to this whole 'middle class' thing.


[url]http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A0409825&dgc=ST&cid=72662&lid=1838868&acd=fAbpMa0w
[/url]

This one has served me well for the past 6 years. I'm obviously not an "in-fashion" kind of person, but it seems silly to me to spend $200 on a name and the website that's selling it.

Heck, I use a man purse, but that doesn't mean I think a designer label is a smart idea.

Edit: Fuck yeah go cocks!


Thank you! No worries man! It's pretty expensive for what it is, lol I Think I have seen that one in my local Best Buy -I shall check it out.

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby laxbrah420 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:43 am

FlowBro wrote:Just happened to stumble across my fellow flowbro Con Bro Chill...what a glorious picture, worthy of a repost

Image
[/quote]
Nice dude

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby laxbrah420 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:44 am

fatduck wrote:
Scotusnerd wrote:
GregoryADevine wrote:What backpacks do some of you use anyways? I'm in the market for a new one and considering a Kenneth Cole messenger bag? Saw them in the apple store and thought they were pretty nice. Thoughts?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H6156 ... g?fnode=50



:shock:

ok NO. I'm gonna put this in the same category as people who dress up in suits every day to law school. You do not need a $200 man purse.

Ever.

i've never understood this part of TLS. we have a fair number of younger, fashion-forward students who use messenger bags. no one gives them shit or talks about them. frankly, no one cares what sort of bag you use.

why did this not catch more attention?

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13918
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:47 am

North Face Surge backpack is TCR at NU. Tons of people have it, guys and girls. I can fit a 15" laptop, 3 casebooks easily (4 just barely, if none are ConLaw), the world's largest laptop charger, and a food container for lunch. Hauling 30-40 pounds is never going to be "fun", but that's about the most comfortable way to carry it.

User avatar
dsn32
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby dsn32 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:02 am

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/produ ... A:12512916

In all seriousness, I'm all about the LiveStrong backpacks. My first one lasted my seven years of high school and UG, and I've got the one that is linked now. Even more durable than my first one, and carries more cargo than any other backpack I've been able to find.

User avatar
BerkeleyBear
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:22 pm

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby BerkeleyBear » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:07 am

rinkrat19 wrote:North Face Surge backpack is TCR at NU. Tons of people have it, guys and girls. I can fit a 15" laptop, 3 casebooks easily (4 just barely, if none are ConLaw), the world's largest laptop charger, and a food container for lunch. Hauling 30-40 pounds is never going to be "fun", but that's about the most comfortable way to carry it.


The safety whistle 8)

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13918
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:12 am

BerkeleyBear wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:North Face Surge backpack is TCR at NU. Tons of people have it, guys and girls. I can fit a 15" laptop, 3 casebooks easily (4 just barely, if none are ConLaw), the world's largest laptop charger, and a food container for lunch. Hauling 30-40 pounds is never going to be "fun", but that's about the most comfortable way to carry it.


The safetyrape whistle 8)
ALWAYS BE PREPARED.
Last edited by rinkrat19 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nmcdgt
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:58 am

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby nmcdgt » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:12 am

.
Last edited by nmcdgt on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BerkeleyBear
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:22 pm

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby BerkeleyBear » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:16 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
BerkeleyBear wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:North Face Surge backpack is TCR at NU. Tons of people have it, guys and girls. I can fit a 15" laptop, 3 casebooks easily (4 just barely, if none are ConLaw), the world's largest laptop charger, and a food container for lunch. Hauling 30-40 pounds is never going to be "fun", but that's about the most comfortable way to carry it.


The safetyrape whistle 8)
ALWAYS BE PREPARED.

:lol:

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby Crowing » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:19 am

dsn32 wrote:http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12512916&gsidynamic=GooglePLA-_-GENERALACCESSORIES-_-GENERALACCESSORIES-_-SKU-12066508&camp=CSE:GooglePLA:12512916

In all seriousness, I'm all about the LiveStrong backpacks. My first one lasted my seven years of high school and UG, and I've got the one that is linked now. Even more durable than my first one, and carries more cargo than any other backpack I've been able to find.


I got a smallish but durable Samsonite backpack before entering HS and used it for all four years then five years of UG. It looks pretty beatup in parts now but is impressively still functional.

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby laxbrah420 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:25 am

It really doesn't matter what brand backpack you get so long as it's the same as your shirt/fleece

User avatar
PickMe!
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:24 pm

Re: Rolling backpack = gunner?

Postby PickMe! » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:32 am

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:
drmguy wrote:[img]
For those who want a roller backpack but can't sacrifice a hand to drag it along.


Bitch looks like a transformer.

:lol:




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: raidr and 1 guest