Relations Before, During, and/or After Law School/Practice

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Relations Before, During, and/or After Law School/Practice

Postby Crowing » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:51 am

Desert Fox wrote:There aren't plenty of girls in engineering of any caliber.


There aren't plenty, but there are tons.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Relations Before, During, and/or After Law School/Practice

Postby Tom Joad » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:57 am

LaBarrister wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:There aren't plenty of girls in engineering of any caliber.


That's not true. The engineering field is changing before my eyes. There are actually quite a few hot sorority-type girls in the freshman classes now who actually work their butts off and do quite well.

But that's off topic. So do lawyers not marry other lawyers a lot? Or other financially successful and ambitious people?

The whole point of becoming financially successful and being ambitious is to make up for deficiencies in your personality and physical appearance and allow you to find a suitable mate. If you are financially successful and ambitious you should focus on a mate who has an appealing personality and physical appearance. That is the end goal. Law is the means, not the ends.

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Relations Before, During, and/or After Law School/Practice

Postby nickb285 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:04 am

Crowing wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:There aren't plenty of girls in engineering of any caliber.


There aren't plenty, but there are tons.


Ba dump tish.

Davidbentley wrote:Image


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szvt8iWJ0oo

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22842
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Relations Before, During, and/or After Law School/Practice

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:44 am

LaBarrister wrote:I mean, obviously someone wouldn't marry anyone that they didn't like. But even if I like a girl, I don't even think about her if she isn't going to make a lot of money. It's like, no future+compatibility=no go. There will always be someone you can be compatible with who also has a bright future and is very ambitious. It can't be that hard to find...

yeah, you get back to us on that one.

(if I thought someone was marrying me even in part because they thought I was going to make a lot of money, I'd run like hell.)

(oh, and you know, some people who start off planning on one career actually, you know, change their minds. What do you do when your fancy lawyer decides to quit her job and make artisanal goat cheese - sue for breach of contract?)

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: Relations Before, During, and/or After Law School/Practice

Postby togepi » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:02 am

There were some engineering girls in my class down down. I'd say a few kips worth if you catch my drift.

HUNGRY HUNGRY HIPPOS

LaBarrister
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:20 pm

Re: Relations Before, During, and/or After Law School/Practice

Postby LaBarrister » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:30 am

Crowing wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:There aren't plenty of girls in engineering of any caliber.


There aren't plenty, but there are tons.


:-]

LaBarrister
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:20 pm

Re: Relations Before, During, and/or After Law School/Practice

Postby LaBarrister » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:31 am

Tom Joad wrote:
LaBarrister wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:There aren't plenty of girls in engineering of any caliber.


That's not true. The engineering field is changing before my eyes. There are actually quite a few hot sorority-type girls in the freshman classes now who actually work their butts off and do quite well.

But that's off topic. So do lawyers not marry other lawyers a lot? Or other financially successful and ambitious people?

The whole point of becoming financially successful and being ambitious is to make up for deficiencies in your personality and physical appearance and allow you to find a suitable mate. If you are financially successful and ambitious you should focus on a mate who has an appealing personality and physical appearance. That is the end goal. Law is the means, not the ends.


Son of a bitch. I never even thought about this. I think you just blew my mind.

KingsCup
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Relations Before, During, and/or After Law School/Practice

Postby KingsCup » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:27 pm

LaBarrister wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:There aren't plenty of girls in engineering of any caliber.


That's not true. The engineering field is changing before my eyes. There are actually quite a few hot sorority-type girls in the freshman classes now who actually work their butts off and do quite well.

But that's off topic. So do lawyers not marry other lawyers a lot? Or other financially successful and ambitious people?


I think in my mechanical engineering classes we have a total of 12 girls, 4 of which are hot sorority types. Which, I guess, are okay odds when you compare them to each other, but if you throw in the number of guys, its pretty ridiculous. There are some, but not plenty by any means

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: Relations Before, During, and/or After Law School/Practice

Postby paratactical » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:28 pm

This girl is borderline mentally retarded, but relatively hot. She's also got that daddy-issue level desperate-for-attention thing going on. GET ON IT OP.

LaBarrister
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:20 pm

Re: Relations Before, During, and/or After Law School/Practice

Postby LaBarrister » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:41 pm

paratactical wrote:This girl is borderline mentally retarded, but relatively hot. She's also got that daddy-issue level desperate-for-attention thing going on. GET ON IT OP.


Look, if I put that in my Cosmo Fashion App, she'd probably get a D-.

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: Relations Before, During, and/or After Law School/Practice

Postby paratactical » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:19 pm

LaBarrister wrote:
paratactical wrote:This girl is borderline mentally retarded, but relatively hot. She's also got that daddy-issue level desperate-for-attention thing going on. GET ON IT OP.


Look, if I put that in my Cosmo Fashion App, she'd probably get a D-.

The avatar isn't her, dumbass.

LaBarrister
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:20 pm

Re: Relations Before, During, and/or After Law School/Practice

Postby LaBarrister » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:25 pm

paratactical wrote:
LaBarrister wrote:
paratactical wrote:This girl is borderline mentally retarded, but relatively hot. She's also got that daddy-issue level desperate-for-attention thing going on. GET ON IT OP.


Look, if I put that in my Cosmo Fashion App, she'd probably get a D-.

The avatar isn't her, dumbass.


Lol that was a quote from The Other Guys, a movie in which Eva Mendez, the woman in that avatar, acts.

I know this is a place for people who get into top law schools, but some of you are serious idiots.

Just goes to show that just about anyone can get a 4.0 in basket weaving and get into a T14 these days.

God bless this profession.

User avatar
suralin
better than you
Posts: 15051
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:52 am

Re: Relations Before, During, and/or After Law School/Practice

Postby suralin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:29 pm

LaBarrister wrote:
paratactical wrote:
LaBarrister wrote:
paratactical wrote:This girl is borderline mentally retarded, but relatively hot. She's also got that daddy-issue level desperate-for-attention thing going on. GET ON IT OP.


Look, if I put that in my Cosmo Fashion App, she'd probably get a D-.

The avatar isn't her, dumbass.


Lol that was a quote from The Other Guys, a movie in which Eva Mendez, the woman in that avatar, acts.

I know this is a place for people who get into top law schools, but some of you are serious idiots.

Just goes to show that just about anyone can get a 4.0 in basket weaving and get into a T14 these days.

God bless this profession.


LOL

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Relations Before, During, and/or After Law School/Practice

Postby nickb285 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:04 pm

Familiarity with Eva Mendez's CV is the backdoor to biglaw.

LaBarrister
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:20 pm

Re: Relations Before, During, and/or After Law School/Practice

Postby LaBarrister » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:35 am

nickb285 wrote:Familiarity with Eva Mendez's CV is the backdoor to biglaw.


His comment was idiotic, not his ignorance of Eva Mendez. I'll admit, the writing made it seem the latter was true. That's my fault.

But really, I don't have much pop culture knowledge, either. That stuff is for the birds.




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: asdfasdf8473 and 1 guest