Employment BEFORE law school

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Anonymous User

Employment BEFORE law school

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:08 pm

I've been accepted to law school and will start in August. I have been working full time since May 2011 when I graduated college. I am bored at my current job and feel under-utilized, and I also wish I got paid a little more so I could save more for law school. I was just offered a job at another company where one of my ex-colleagues is in a management position, someone who really likes me and promises keep me busy, happy, and better paid. (They know I will be a short term hire.)

Will it look bad to future employers if I take this opportunity or will they not care at all? I'm thinking about trying for biglaw jobs in the future and don't want to do anything that will hurt my chances. If it matters, both my current company and the one I am thinking of going are big name firms.

cinephile

Re: Employment BEFORE law school

Postby cinephile » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:18 pm

This is not the forum for 0Ls.

rad lulz

Re: Employment BEFORE law school

Postby rad lulz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've been accepted to law school and will start in August. I have been working full time since May 2011 when I graduated college. I am bored at my current job and feel under-utilized, and I also wish I got paid a little more so I could save more for law school. I was just offered a job at another company where one of my ex-colleagues is in a management position, someone who really likes me and promises keep me busy, happy, and better paid. (They know I will be a short term hire.)

Will it look bad to future employers if I take this opportunity or will they not care at all? I'm thinking about trying for biglaw jobs in the future and don't want to do anything that will hurt my chances. If it matters, both my current company and the one I am thinking of going are big name firms.

Oh dude anon I just saw a really good thread about this

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”