7 free months till 1L what to do?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
paintbynumbers

Re: 7 free months till 1L what to do?

Postby paintbynumbers » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:35 am

i dont understand why you spend money on an expensive vacation months before heading to law school unless you wont be taking out any to minimal loans. This is not the first time ive seen this on TLS and just wonder why people take these vacations and then cry about ho much money they will have to take out in loans

stacy

Re: 7 free months till 1L what to do?

Postby stacy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:59 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:South America - backpack from Argentina through Brazil then back to Chile/Peru, make your way up to Panama, go through Central America. Fun times.

That sounds amazing, but I don't feel comftorable backpacking myself...

paintbynumbers wrote:i dont understand why you spend money on an expensive vacation months before heading to law school unless you wont be taking out any to minimal loans. This is not the first time ive seen this on TLS and just wonder why people take these vacations and then cry about ho much money they will have to take out in loans
1. Who said vacations are expensive? I personally used accumulated miles and points from opening credit cards to fund the majority of my trips.

2. Many members on TLS have full rides and 3. many members don't have money as a worry.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”