bdm261 wrote:I'm looking for some ideas for setting up my "war room" where I estimate I'll be spending 5 or 6 hours a day studying. I was wondering if anyone set up a room like this similarly and what they did.
Is there any useful furniture, accessories, supplies etc. that anyone could recommend? I don't start 1L until the Fall, so I could use the time to maybe find some used items on Craigslist or yard sales for a deal and get everything together slowly. Here's what I think I'll furnish so far:
- Filing Cabinet (how many drawers should be enough?, I think one 2-drawer one should do)
- Large Desk w/ room for Laptop plus space to spread papers out on
- Bookcase, how many books should I plan on filling it with, how much shelf space is enough?
- Ergonomic Desk Chair, anyone prefer a brand?
- A comfortable reading chair
- Hole Punch
- Large Dry Erase Board
- Large Cork Board
- Laser Printer, preferable a 3 in 1 system (anyone prefer a certain one?)
- A good Shredder
- Should I get a desktop or use a laptop? During UG I used my laptop for everything, brought it to school and took notes, then used it as a desktop during evenings/weekends to type papers or whatever.
Prediction: After spending about 2,000 dllrs you will not be able to get ANY work done in this room and end up living in Starbucks. Oh wait, that's my life.