What type of people are law students? Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Lacepiece23

Silver

Re: What type of people are law students?

Post by Lacepiece23 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:21 pm

totoro wrote:I appreciate all your replies guys! Thank you. You're right that there's some self-selection with the type of people who would talk to prospective students. But I think that was only part of it since I have at least a couple good friends there, so I was pretty "on the inside". I think I was able to get a relatively accurate impression.. as accurate as it could be for the time I was there at least.

This is just another moment I thought of, but I also had lunch with some current students, and they were calling out the gunners in the class, but one person reassured me "don't worry, those people are few and far between, there's like one gunner per section." But I was looking around me, and a majority of those people, by my definition, I would consider gunners :shock: It was weird because everyone was nice so I can't call them mean, but at the same time, they were not that "nice"... you know what I mean? lol.
You'll find people like you wherever you go don't worry. The thing about law school is that at the end of the day it is a competition so there is a tendency for groups of friends to talk about law school more than you ever would have talked about classes in undergrad.

Stinson

Bronze

Post by Stinson » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:28 pm

Just as a general point, if you're really worried about this kind of stuff big is probably better than small. I think the intuition is "small" is friendly but, in reality, you don't need to be friends with everyone in the school, and in a small place there's more of a downside if the fit doesn't work. Bigger = more potential places to find your fit.

Ti Malice

Gold

Post by Ti Malice » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:24 pm

PM sent.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”