Law School "Gunner": Etiquette

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Decimus

Re: Law School "Gunner": Etiquette

Postby Decimus » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:52 pm

IAFG wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
scifiguy wrote:Or want to delve deeper into something or possibly think that professor really is wrong?

Sounds like the beginning of gunnerdom to me.

It was obvious at
What precise definition can be given for a gunner

Brilliant.

clshopeful

Postby clshopeful » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:25 am

northwood wrote:law school is competitive.... gunners are annoying

if you have a question related to the topic ( like how did you go from A to C what happened to B?) that's fine. anything else unrelated or off tangent isn't

you should know if your question is on point. if its not related to the reading, or to clarify what the professor just said- then keep it for office hours.

When classes start, you will soon find this out

I always thought gunners were just people who were willing to literally kill his peers for an A... On TLS, it seems gunner is largely defined as someone's class participation being annoying and time consuming. For me, being a gunner is more like doing every reading, paying close attention, going home and studying, going to office hours, maybe feigning ignorance to classmates who ask for clarification: "I'm not sure on that" (when I know the answer), etc. Basically out doing everyone on every level of studying, and sometimes making an effort not to share what you think with others so they will do poorly on exams..

inb4 someone says "all students do the readings and study"

Abbie Doobie

Postby Abbie Doobie » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:17 am

clshopeful wrote:
northwood wrote:law school is competitive.... gunners are annoying

if you have a question related to the topic ( like how did you go from A to C what happened to B?) that's fine. anything else unrelated or off tangent isn't

you should know if your question is on point. if its not related to the reading, or to clarify what the professor just said- then keep it for office hours.

When classes start, you will soon find this out

I always thought gunners were just people who were willing to literally kill his peers for an A... On TLS, it seems gunner is largely defined as someone's class participation being annoying and time consuming. For me, being a gunner is more like doing every reading, paying close attention, going home and studying, going to office hours, maybe feigning ignorance to classmates who ask for clarification: "I'm not sure on that" (when I know the answer), etc. Basically out doing everyone on every level of studying, and sometimes making an effort not to share what you think with others so they will do poorly on exams..

inb4 someone says "all students do the readings and study"

necro-ing a 2 year old thread just to talk about gunners .... nice

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:23 am

cls, this is like the third truly ridiculous necro you've pulled in like 2 days. I think you need to go to the gym or find a hobby/new television series or something man...

clshopeful

Postby clshopeful » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:31 pm

zhenders wrote:cls, this is like the third truly ridiculous necro you've pulled in like 2 days. I think you need to go to the gym or find a hobby/new television series or something man...

coming from the guy w/ 500+ posts lol. gg

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:48 pm

clshopeful wrote:
zhenders wrote:cls, this is like the third truly ridiculous necro you've pulled in like 2 days. I think you need to go to the gym or find a hobby/new television series or something man...

Oh honey.

But no, don't necro old threads for no reason.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:58 pm

Bless his heart

clshopeful

Postby clshopeful » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:42 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
clshopeful wrote:

Oh honey.

But no, don't necro old threads for no reason.

Nony mouse abusing internet forum power by arbitrarily asserting new rules?

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:48 am

lol, like I'm creative enough to come up with new rules.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”