two questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
OhioU26

two questions

Postby OhioU26 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:01 pm

hey guys... I have two quick questions. I am a 1L and I' about to send out an abundance of applications for summer internships, is it too early? Also, my grades for my first semester were horrendous (a 2.75 with one grade pending). Will I be able to bring this up, or am I screwed throughout my law career? Thanks guys

atcushman

Re: two questions

Postby atcushman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:04 pm

whats the curve set at

OhioU26

Postby OhioU26 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:04 pm

atcushman wrote:whats the curve set at

atcushman

Postby atcushman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:10 pm

Meh its an uphill battle your close to median now it would be worse if your curve was set to b+ or something...hustle like hell meet with the profs to see whats up top 25 isnt out of reach and depending on your school rank that may be enough

cahwc12

Postby cahwc12 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:27 pm

Just curious, how much debt have you taken on thus far? With below median grades, have you considered withdrawing and cutting your losses? According to your post history, you're either at Case Western sticker or Dayton with a scholarship. If it's the latter, does your scholarship have stips you're breaking?

It sounds like you're up shit creek with below median at either of these schools. Also, not trying to troll you but:

OhioU26 wrote:I know I will get ripped for this post, but I am in desire need of advice. I have been accepted to Ohio Northern, Northern Kentucky, Valpo., Capital, U of Dayton, Cleveland State, and waiting to hear from Case. What do you guys think about these schools (besides they are TTT,TTTT. I have researched the risks and I am driven to make it through law school). What do you guys think will be the best? I do not have any desire to do biglaw, and want to stay in the Dayton/Columbus/Eastern Penn area. Any advice would be great guys thanks

source

Do you feel you gave it your all for 1L so far? Did you slack? Get unlucky? What do you think happened that led to these grades?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”