Getting relevant legal work experience

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
ro1249

Getting relevant legal work experience

Postby ro1249 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:44 pm

I'm only in my second year of undergrad at a decent SEC school. I have aspirations to go to Law School but I really would like to spice up my resume, so that I'll have at least decent softs when it comes to start applying to Law schools. Is there anyway an undergrad like me can get some sort of job at a Law firm? I have a good GPA (3.85) in a non-fluff major (Accounting) and have already started prepping for the LSAT. I'm hoping to get in the 165-170 range so that I'll have a shot at getting into a T-14. That being said, having relevant work experience could help me achieve these goals.

However, I don't just want work experience because it looks good, but also because I really want to know what the law firm environment is like. I've lurked on TLS and r/Lawschool, but reading can only take you so far. It would be really cool if I could see first hand what the lawyer lifestyle is like and see if it's a fit for me. I don't want to take the LSAT and plan for a career in Law if it's something that I would not enjoy.

So is there any chance of me landing some sort of position in a Law firm? Working in the mail room or doing some sort of unpaid position would be fine with me. I just want to get a taste for what the law firm environment is really like.

rad lulz

Re: Getting relevant legal work experience

Postby rad lulz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:52 pm

hichvichwoh

Postby hichvichwoh » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:56 pm

rad lulz wrote:This thread should answer your Q

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=200731

yeah, there are some pretty useful links in that thread

ro1249

Postby ro1249 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:59 pm

Thanks, so helpful.

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Postby A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:55 pm

lol. I realized what was going on after a few clicks.

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:22 pm

Only ONE thread per question. Do this again and you'll be banned.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”