NYU 2Ls taking questions Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
one_by_one

Bronze

Re: NYU 2Ls taking questions

Post by one_by_one » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Last edited by one_by_one on Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anciano

Bronze

Post by Anciano » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:12 pm

TheJanitor6203 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
TheJanitor6203 wrote:Could anyone tell me if there is family housing available through the school? I'm married with 2 kids. I was originally just planning to live in the city somewhere but after reading about finding an apartment in NYC it sounds like a daunting task.
There is. A few families with kids live on campus
Do you know what buildings they're in so I can check them out?
There are definitely a few in Mercer but I'm not sure if they're available to check out since people are living in them right now.

TheJanitor6203

Silver

Post by TheJanitor6203 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:35 pm

OldMan2015 wrote:
TheJanitor6203 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
TheJanitor6203 wrote:Could anyone tell me if there is family housing available through the school? I'm married with 2 kids. I was originally just planning to live in the city somewhere but after reading about finding an apartment in NYC it sounds like a daunting task.
There is. A few families with kids live on campus
Do you know what buildings they're in so I can check them out?
There are definitely a few in Mercer but I'm not sure if they're available to check out since people are living in them right now.
Thanks. I just meant so I could check them out online.

Detrox

Bronze

Post by Detrox » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:03 pm

one_by_one wrote:2Ls (and 3Ls)! Any thoughts on Yoshino v. Levinson for con law? Thanks!
Both excellent. Levinson could only be taken for Con Law 1L year when I was there so I actually think his class was easier to get into than bidding for Yoshino's con law along with any other popular classes you may want to take in 2L or 3L year. Levinson does offer Remedies if you want him as a professor but are unable to get him for Con Law.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:15 pm

Detrox wrote:
one_by_one wrote:2Ls (and 3Ls)! Any thoughts on Yoshino v. Levinson for con law? Thanks!
Both excellent. Levinson could only be taken for Con Law 1L year when I was there so I actually think his class was easier to get into than bidding for Yoshino's con law along with any other popular classes you may want to take in 2L or 3L year. Levinson does offer Remedies if you want him as a professor but are unable to get him for Con Law.
Yoshino is crazy hard to get into from a bidding perspective. I've also heard great things about Morrison

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

redsox550

Post by redsox550 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:09 am

Anyone have any advice in regards to supplements and/or test taking for

Fox - antitrust

Bubb - Corporations

Gillers - proffesional responsibility

Just looking for a helpful tip, not much, just hornbook X helped a lot, or any other tidbits of advice

mucho gracias

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:43 pm

redsox550 wrote:Anyone have any advice in regards to supplements and/or test taking for

Fox - antitrust

Bubb - Corporations

Just looking for a helpful tip, not much, just hornbook X helped a lot, or any other tidbits of advice

mucho gracias
Concepts and insights for corporations

redsox550

Post by redsox550 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:57 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
redsox550 wrote:Anyone have any advice in regards to supplements and/or test taking for

Fox - antitrust

Bubb - Corporations

mucho gracias
Im sorry, I cant find Corporations by Concepts and insights, you mind sharing a link? And is this for Bubb or just for Corp in general?

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:31 pm

How many practice tests do we have/where do we find practice tests for our 1L classes specifically from our teacher?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thsmthcrmnl

Bronze

Post by thsmthcrmnl » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:01 pm

sinfiery wrote:How many practice tests do we have/where do we find practice tests for our 1L classes specifically from our teacher?
https://its.law.nyu.edu/depts/library/L ... search.cfm

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:10 pm

thsmthcrmnl wrote:
sinfiery wrote:How many practice tests do we have/where do we find practice tests for our 1L classes specifically from our teacher?
Thanks,

I've seen that before and for 2/3 of my classes, there isn't even one test with the same teacher on there for the relevant subject. I was hoping maybe the library had some on file or something..or is that our only source for these things?

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:18 pm

redsox550 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

Fox - antitrust

Bubb - Corporations

mucho gracias
Im sorry, I cant find Corporations by Concepts and insights, you mind sharing a link? And is this for Bubb or just for Corp in general?
Corporate Law by Bainbridge - I had Choi. All I know is that C&I is much better than the E&E for that class

Anciano

Bronze

Post by Anciano » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:34 pm

sinfiery wrote:
thsmthcrmnl wrote:
Thanks,

I've seen that before and for 2/3 of my classes, there isn't even one test with the same teacher on there for the relevant subject. I was hoping maybe the library had some on file or something..or is that our only source for these things?
Most of our 1L professors gave us practice exams from previous years with about a month left in the semester. I think they preferred to do it that way so as not to freak people out. I think it's too early to be doing them now.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:36 pm

Ah, okay. Yeah, I'm no where near ready to take a practice exam but just wanted to see what areas to focus on for each particular teacher.

Thanks

wiz

Diamond

Post by wiz » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:17 pm

Does anyone have any good bar recommendations, particularly where 1Ls tend to hang out a lot? I haven't been spending much time around campus, and I'm trying to recommend good places to someone. So far I'm thinking Phebes, McSorley's, Down the Hatch, and Off the Wagon. What else am I missing?

Anciano

Bronze

Post by Anciano » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:30 pm

No list of popular NYU Law bars is complete without Triona's.

wiz

Diamond

Post by wiz » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:02 pm

OldMan2015 wrote:No list of popular NYU Law bars is complete without Triona's.
Good call. I can't believe I forgot about Triona's.
Last edited by wiz on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

redsox550

Post by redsox550 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:48 pm

did anyone on here take Bubb for corporations? I would really appreciate it if I could ask you a few questions

bld2414

New

Post by bld2414 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:55 pm

redsox550 wrote:did anyone on here take Bubb for corporations? I would really appreciate it if I could ask you a few questions
I had him for Sec. Reg. Although I cant speak to his Corp class, he is a pretty good professor. Straight genius. And he keeps you engaged.

Does anyone know the deal with postponing your substantial paper??

redsox550

Post by redsox550 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:29 pm

bld2414 wrote:
redsox550 wrote:did anyone on here take Bubb for corporations? I would really appreciate it if I could ask you a few questions
I had him for Sec. Reg. Although I cant speak to his Corp class, he is a pretty good professor. Straight genius. And he keeps you engaged.

Since I dont think any current NYU students had him, this is better than nothing, was his exam a straight issue spotter?

bld2414

New

Post by bld2414 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:55 pm

redsox550 wrote:
bld2414 wrote:

Since I dont think any current NYU students had him, this is better than nothing, was his exam a straight issue spotter?
Nope. 60 mc and the biggest BS policy essay question I've ever had. I would be surprised if you had a mc exam in corp though. Sec reg lends itself to mc way more than corp.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

redsox550

Post by redsox550 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:40 pm

bld2414 wrote:
redsox550 wrote:
bld2414 wrote:

Nope. 60 mc and the biggest BS policy essay question I've ever had. I would be surprised if you had a mc exam in corp though. Sec reg lends itself to mc way more than corp.
FML

ssteiner

Bronze

Post by ssteiner » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:15 am

bld2414 wrote: Does anyone know the deal with postponing your substantial paper??
I think it's professor-dependent. The professor I'm doing it with, even though it's a writing credit for his class this semester, told me it's due by graduation.

dj_roomba

New

Post by dj_roomba » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:27 pm

When you take a 2L course during 1L, are you put in separate sections or are the 1L and 2Ls combined?

Edit: it seems like they are separate courses

wiz

Diamond

Post by wiz » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:17 pm

Does anyone know where to get those law stickers for your id? I lost my id and had to get a new one, so I am now stickerless.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”