Sigh.

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.

Did Lonnie get pwned?

Yes
59%
I am a fish
41%

Total votes: 17

Lonnie

Re: SIU law vs NCCU law

Postby Lonnie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:18 am

dr123 wrote:Just an FYI - Schools lie dood. They want your money.

But I'm sure not all the third parties I hv been on have too- this is the lowest #s and I'm saying there is nothing that makes me believe this site that u posted over others

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:20 am

This thread fucking delivers. I also love how OP cited a current student against IAFG and company when his answer was consistent with theirs. C'est la vie, Lonnie. You're gonna shock the world.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:21 am

Lonnie wrote:
dr123 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
dr123 wrote:http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=siu

http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=nccu

yikes @ NCCU
If you dig deeper, almost all of the "firm" jobs from both schools are in firms of <10 people. (Read: unemployed classmates banding together to try and start their own firms with no book of business or startup capital.) Double yikes.

I dunno, I bet a number of them (of the 36% employed) are working as associates in 2/3 man shops doing Family Law, low-end Real Estate closings, and shit like that in whatever rando small/mid sized NC city they are from. Still not particularly ideal and thats like the best possible outcome.

I've seen stats way better then that on several different sites- including their homepg- so I am not sure how accurate that is- but thanks- still more research to do
There are law schools being sued because the employment stats on their websites are so misleading. Law School Transparency is the best data available, and it paints an extremely ugly picture of both SIU and NCCU.

No one here is out to get you. You, like so many other newcomers, reflexively responded to valid advice with self-righteousness and immature insults. No one likes to hear that their plan is terrible, but it's better to get some sense smacked into you than it is to just be allowed to walk blithely and blindly off a cliff.

dextermorgan

Postby dextermorgan » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:22 am

bjsesq wrote:This thread fucking delivers. I also love how OP cited a current student against IAFG and company when his answer was consistent with theirs. C'est la vie, Lonnie. You're gonna shock the world.

Anybody want to take bets on this guys LSAT score? Logic doesn't seem to be his strong point.

Better yet, I wonder what his writing sample said.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:24 am

Lonnie wrote:

But I'm sure not all the third parties I hv been on have too- this is the lowest #s and I'm saying there is nothing that makes me believe this site that u posted over others

Honey, Law School Transparency gets its data directly from NALP. It is the ONLY accurate data.

TheThriller

Postby TheThriller » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:25 am

dextermorgan wrote:
bjsesq wrote:This thread fucking delivers. I also love how OP cited a current student against IAFG and company when his answer was consistent with theirs. C'est la vie, Lonnie. You're gonna shock the world.

Anybody want to take bets on this guys LSAT score? Logic doesn't seem to be his strong point.

Abbreviations + a bad argument on how to properly administer oral sex

atcushman

Postby atcushman » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:26 am

siu's career services posted 67 grads from c/o 2011 were in jd jobs 44 of which were in firms of 10 or less including 10 who went solo so if they are 100% accurate on there own website they are pretty much saying you have about a 60% chance of even working as a lawyer making less than 40K

Lonnie

Postby Lonnie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:28 am

dextermorgan wrote:

I excel in writing- glad u asked- and I have won 3cases in the last yr- and hvnt stepped foot in law school- I have a natural talent-Undefeated in debateds undergrad- so No I didnt hv a 160- but the LSAT isnt designed for everyone- So while u are trying to be funny- I know I will shock uppity people like u all- people with little dicks stay on post like these! And u the right little flock for the occasion! ;)

Lonnie

Postby Lonnie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:31 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
Lonnie wrote:

Honey, Law School Transparency gets its data directly from NALP. It is the ONLY accurate data.

Dont call me Honey Bitch! Find yourself the victim of the next mass murder spree! :-p

dr123

Postby dr123 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:31 am

Lonnie wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:

I excel in writing- glad u asked- and I have won 3cases in the last yr- and hvnt stepped foot in law school- I have a natural talent-Undefeated in debateds undergrad- so No I didnt hv a 160- but the LSAT isnt designed for everyone- So while u are trying to be funny- I know I will shock uppity people like u all- people with little dicks stay on post like these! And u the right little flock for the occasion! ;)

What's the deal w/ the dashes, dood?

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:32 am

atcushman wrote:siu's career services posted 67 grads from c/o 2011 were in jd jobs 44 of which were in firms of 10 or less including 10 who went solo so if they are 100% accurate on there own website they are pretty much saying you have about a 60% chance of even working as a lawyer making less than 40K

Your weird math notwithstanding, the bolded needs to be emphasized. \\\
Lonnie wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:

What do you mean, you WON cases?

Lonnie wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
Lonnie wrote:

Dont call me Honey Bitch! Find yourself the victim of the next mass murder spree! :-p

Injoy you're ban.

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:32 am

Lonnie wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:

I really want you to shock uppity people...but I don't think the best way to do that is by going to SIU or NCCU. I know it sucks to hear, but retake or don't go. Trust me dude, I heard it too. But it was way worth it.

coldshoulder

Postby coldshoulder » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:33 am

Quit feeding the troll guys.

Even though you got a 146 on your LSAT, this trolling is 178.

TheThriller

Postby TheThriller » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:33 am

Lonnie wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:

In order of bolded:

1. You are breaking the law if these are actual cases and you are claiming to solicit legal advice
2. I bet you were the best when it came to debateds in undergrad
3. It's designed for the prospective law school student, which is you.
4. Not trying to be funny, trying to help you not throw your life away.
5. You have an unhealthy fascination with male genitalia
Last edited by TheThriller on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:33 am

Lonnie wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
Lonnie wrote:

Sounds like someone wont be passing C&F.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:33 am

coldshoulder wrote:Quit feeding the troll guys.

Fuck you, this is better than working on an obscure federal sentencing guidelines question.

coldshoulder

Postby coldshoulder » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:34 am

bjsesq wrote:
coldshoulder wrote:Quit feeding the troll guys.

Fuck you, this is better than working on an obscure federal sentencing guidelines question.

Touche - troll away!
Last edited by coldshoulder on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:34 am

bjsesq wrote:
atcushman wrote:siu's career services posted 67 grads from c/o 2011 were in jd jobs 44 of which were in firms of 10 or less including 10 who went solo so if they are 100% accurate on there own website they are pretty much saying you have about a 60% chance of even working as a lawyer making less than 40K

Your weird math notwithstanding, the bolded needs to be emphasized. \\\[quote="Lonnie"][quote="dextermorgan"][quote="bjsesq"]

SIU has like 120 students per class, so his math is pretty close

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:35 am

Lonnie wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:

Putting a winky face after incoherent insults does not make it clever.

You have been presented with some good info, which you are free to ignore. It doesn't hurt us if you go to a shitty law school and end up jobless. But it would be stupid to ignore it if there is any possibility it might help you. You say you are not stupid. A person who is not stupid would not ignore the good info. Are you going to continue to ignore the real data you've been given in favor of flinging dumb insults?

TLS has convinced a lot of people not to make the terrible decision you are currently fixated on. Those people are better off, whether they ended up going to a better law school or not going to law school at all. They were the smart ones, because they made the good decision. We're just the messengers.

Lonnie

Postby Lonnie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:39 am

AI'm on my phone!!! And my phone loves dashes "dood" o_O ha! Smfh

And I won cases- meaning I went to trial in three civil cases and won them all myself- OK- I'm donw with you small pecker crackers- Good night!

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:40 am

mattviphky wrote:SIU has like 120 students per class, so his math is pretty close

Something something flock something my dick something something fuck you ass hole matt.

Lonnie wrote:And I won cases- meaning I went to trial in three civil cases and won them all myself-

Oh COME ON, you can't give up the troll that fucking quickly. Christ.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:41 am

Lonnie wrote:AI'm on my phone!!! And my phone loves dashes "dood" o_O ha! Smfh

And I won cases- meaning I went to trial in three civil cases and won them all myself- OK- I'm donw with you small pecker crackers- Good night!

More poo-flinging insults, still no acceptance or logical examination of the data offered.

Either the dumbest person alive, or an unfunny troll.

atcushman

Postby atcushman » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:42 am

Lonnie wrote:AI'm on my phone!!! And my phone loves dashes "dood" o_O ha! Smfh

civil cases=public exposure for masturbating in his front yard...won them all by convincing his mom not to testify

dr123

Postby dr123 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:43 am

Wait, hold up a min. You've been sued 3 times this year and represented yourself pro se? WTF?

Lonnie

Postby Lonnie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:48 am

dr123 wrote:Wait, hold up a min. You've been sued 3 times this year and represented yourself pro se? WTF?

I've sued! And Big companies- yes all pro-se n last 3yrs

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”