Sigh.

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.

Did Lonnie get pwned?

Yes
59%
I am a fish
41%

Total votes: 17

TatteredDignity

Re: Which is better

Postby TatteredDignity » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:28 pm

Lonnie wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:OP, since you seem kind of willing to engage in dialogue:

Let's assume that you could go to one of these schools for free or very cheaply. The odds are that you still won't have a job of any kind after you graduate. Why would you want to waste three years for a degree that doesn't benefit you, even if it's free?

BC I believe in myself. I believe I can excel there, I may not come from the same opportunities as some, but I have had judges recognize my litigation skills.. effortlessly in my early 20's, before I even knew this would be a goal. There are plenty people that have gone to small schools that do Very very well. And I think I have the potential to do well enough. I have 0 debt.. A credit score of 850 and a cousin who already has a practice; if all else fails I know he will take me in.. I dont need members of this forum shitting on my goals bc its not a top school.

If you truly have a surefire backup like working at your brother's practice, and you'll graduate with little to no debt, then this may not be as bad of an idea as it would be for most people.

No one wants to shit on your dreams. But if you come in here acting like a special snowflake whose plan is to win the lottery because you're going to work harder buying lottery tickets than everyone else, we feel like it's our duty to tell you that plan is stupid.

OP, at least give some thought to retaking the LSAT. It won't cost you anything but time. Even if you get lucky and make it work from a lower-ranked school, why not give yourself every possible advantage? The name on your law degree with be with you your whole career.

Otherwise, don't expect anyone here to put their stamp of approval on an objectively bad idea. If you're a fool, you'll ignore all of us and convince yourself that we're wrong and you're right. If you're actually as smart as you think you are, you'll do your due diligence and make a more reasoned decision.

emkay625

Re: SIU law vs NCCU law

Postby emkay625 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:32 pm

Lonnie wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:
bjsesq wrote:This thread fucking delivers. I also love how OP cited a current student against IAFG and company when his answer was consistent with theirs. C'est la vie, Lonnie. You're gonna shock the world.

Anybody want to take bets on this guys LSAT score? Logic doesn't seem to be his strong point.

Better yet, I wonder what his writing sample said.

I excel in writing- glad u asked- and I have won 3cases in the last yr- and hvnt stepped foot in law school- I have a natural talent-Undefeated in debateds undergrad- so No I didnt hv a 160- but the LSAT isnt designed for everyone- So while u are trying to be funny- I know I will shock uppity people like u all- people with little dicks stay on post like these! And u the right little flock for the occasion! ;)

Do not besmirch the name of college debate. I guarantee you are not undefeated in college debate. Name the league. NPDA? CEDA? NFA LD? NDT?

No one is undefeated in any of them. No one. Unless this is some fake unsanctioned debate organization, you are not undefeated sir.

Lonnie

Postby Lonnie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:38 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:
Lonnie wrote:

Let's assume that you could go to one of these schools for free or very cheaply. The odds are that you still won't have a job of any kind after you graduate. Why would you want to waste three years for a degree that doesn't benefit you, even if it's free?

BC I believe in myself. I believe I can excel there, I may not come from the same opportunities as some, but I have had judges recognize my litigation skills.. effortlessly in my early 20's, before I even knew this would be a goal. There are plenty people that have gone to small schools that do Very very well. And I think I have the potential to do well enough. I have 0 debt.. A credit score of 850 and a cousin who already has a practice; if all else fails I know he will take me in.. I dont need members of this forum shitting on my goals bc its not a top school.

If you truly have a surefire backup like working at your brother's practice, and you'll graduate with little to no debt, then this may not be as bad of an idea as it would be for most people.

No one wants to shit on your dreams. But if you come in here acting like a special snowflake whose plan is to win the lottery because you're going to work harder buying lottery tickets than everyone else, we feel like it's our duty to tell you that plan is stupid.

OP, at least give some thought to retaking the LSAT. It won't cost you anything but time. Even if you get lucky and make it work from a lower-ranked school, why not give yourself every possible advantage? The name on your law degree with be with you your whole career.

Otherwise, don't expect anyone here to put their stamp of approval on an objectively bad idea. If you're a fool, you'll ignore all of us and convince yourself that we're wrong and you're right. If you're actually as smart as you think you are, you'll do your due diligence and make a more reasoned decision.

I doubt that you went through Every post on here.. or else you would see how things took a turn and it was bc of me. I have had plenty reason to be defensive. And I'm not acting like a special snowflake (surely Never a snowflake) You asked a question and I answered it! Now I'm suppose to answer how people expect me to, to sound more humble to you?! I'm so over this post

Lonnie

Re: SIU law vs NCCU law

Postby Lonnie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:40 pm

emkay625 wrote:
Lonnie wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:
bjsesq wrote:This thread fucking delivers. I also love how OP cited a current student against IAFG and company when his answer was consistent with theirs. C'est la vie, Lonnie. You're gonna shock the world.

Anybody want to take bets on this guys LSAT score? Logic doesn't seem to be his strong point.

Better yet, I wonder what his writing sample said.

I excel in writing- glad u asked- and I have won 3cases in the last yr- and hvnt stepped foot in law school- I have a natural talent-Undefeated in debateds undergrad- so No I didnt hv a 160- but the LSAT isnt designed for everyone- So while u are trying to be funny- I know I will shock uppity people like u all- people with little dicks stay on post like these! And u the right little flock for the occasion! ;)

Do not besmirch the name of college debate. I guarantee you are not undefeated in college debate. Name the league. NPDA? CEDA? NFA LD? NDT?

No one is undefeated in any of them. No one. Unless this is some fake unsanctioned debate organization, you are not undefeated sir.

In my undergrad debate and argumentation courses I was hun. I never mentioned (NPDA? CEDA? NFA LD? NDT?) bc I stated in my undergrad

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:43 pm

Damnit, I made the mistake of looking in this thread again.

Lonnie wrote:I give your mom cum shots on Monday, Wednesday Fridays....it keeps her skin tight!

I'm curious if OP will dare return to TLS when his 24 hours are up. He seems to enjoy defending his right to be stupid.

shntn

Postby shntn » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:43 pm

vanwinkle wrote:I'm curious if OP will dare return to TLS when his 24 hours are up. He seems to enjoy defending his right to be stupid.

'Murica.

suralin
better than you

Postby suralin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:46 pm

shntn wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:I'm curious if OP will dare return to TLS when his 24 hours are up. He seems to enjoy defending his right to be stupid.

'Murica.

+1

Totheface

Postby Totheface » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:50 pm

vanwinkle wrote:Damnit, I made the mistake of looking in this thread again.

Lonnie wrote:I give your mom cum shots on Monday, Wednesday Fridays....it keeps her skin tight!

I'm curious if OP will dare return to TLS when his 24 hours are up. He seems to enjoy defending his right to be stupid.

Awww did you report me sweetums??? or did atcushman ? You guys obviously had to pull out the flag on the play BC you couldnt hang! Report this!! I gave you snitches life the last day! Talking about "Damnit, I made the mistake of looking in this thread again." Knowing damn well You don't have a life and been checking for me All day!! lol

shntn

Postby shntn » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:51 pm

Totheface wrote:

Awww did you report me sweetums??? or did atcushman ? You guys obviously had to pull out the flag on the play BC you couldnt hang! Report this!! I gave you snitches life the last day! Talking about "Damnit, I made the mistake of looking in this thread again." Knowing damn well You don't have a life and been checking for me All day!! lol

This will end well.

atcushman

Postby atcushman » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:52 pm

Lonnie wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:
Lonnie wrote:

I doubt that you went through Every post on here.. or else you would see how things took a turn and it was bc of me. I have had plenty reason to be defensive. And I'm not acting like a special snowflake (surely Never a snowflake) You asked a question and I answered it! Now I'm suppose to answer how people expect me to, to sound more humble to you?! I'm so over this post

danitt

Postby danitt » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:53 pm

Totheface

Postby Totheface » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:53 pm

shntn wrote:
Totheface wrote:

This will end well.

Just another Block by the cock!!

atcushman

Postby atcushman » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:53 pm

wasnt me but your fucked now

Totheface

Postby Totheface » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:54 pm

danitt wrote:Image

And Yet you're still here!!! Continue to come back and watch the party! You would be beating the meat had I not posted this!

shntn

Postby shntn » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:55 pm

Totheface wrote:
And Yet you're still here!!! Continue to come back and watch the party! You would be beating the meat had I not posted this!

You don't have long here, keep 'em coming.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:55 pm

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:57 pm

I don't report things. I am the moderator, bitch.

shntn

Postby shntn » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:57 pm

shntn wrote:
Totheface wrote:

You don't have long here, keep 'em coming.

Oh look, he went offline. Weird.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:59 pm

Totheface wrote:Awww did you report me sweetums??? or did atcushman ?

Am I the only one who thought he meant chup at first? That's why I ran for the bruss jpg

shntn

Postby shntn » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:00 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Totheface wrote:Awww did you report me sweetums??? or did atcushman ?

Am I the only one who thought he meant chup at first? That's why I ran for the bruss jpg

No, but I figured it out after a while.

cahwc12

Postby cahwc12 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:03 am

What is the moral of the story here? Can't save 'em all?

atcushman

Postby atcushman » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:11 am

cahwc12 wrote:What is the moral of the story here? Can't save 'em all?

Anyone can become a lawyer they just have to believe in themselves

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:13 am

Ugh, this is such a disappointing meltdown.

shntn

Postby shntn » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:14 am

IAFG wrote:Ugh, this is such a disappointing meltdown.

Alas. :(

Kortney

Postby Kortney » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:20 am

vanwinkle wrote:I don't report things. I am the moderator, bitch.

I dnt give a fuck who you are BITCH! #CantBlockEmAll Ban me 4ever IDC- delete this post as I requested YESTERFUCKIN day and we would be here- if I really wanted to keep going I cld just log on to another phone or computer there's no shortage of those! Fuckin Crackers!! ;)

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”