Sigh.

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.

Did Lonnie get pwned?

Yes
59%
I am a fish
41%

Total votes: 17

TheThriller

Re: Which is better

Postby TheThriller » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:28 pm

Lonnie wrote:
danitt wrote:Part distressed, part fascinated, part embarrassed.

Dude. Just go to Howard. It's got better prospects than either of these schools.

Dont want the debt, dont want to live in DC....and you have nothing to be embarassed about. Many men of your age cant get up... #ShitHappens

I don't think the danitt ever mentioned erectile dysfunction.

OP, where in Indiana are you from?

shntn

Postby shntn » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:29 pm

Lonnie wrote:

Dude. Just go to Howard. It's got better prospects than either of these schools.

Dont want the debt, dont want to live in DC....and you have nothing to be embarassed about. Many men of your age cant get up... #ShitHappens

Danitt got SCHOOL'D!!

goldeneye

Postby goldeneye » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:31 pm

Lonnie wrote:

OUR WHOLE POINT HAS BEEN DEBT.

atcushman

Postby atcushman » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:32 pm

goldeneye wrote:
Lonnie wrote:

YA but he's got 5K at SIU its almost free

Lonnie

Postby Lonnie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:47 pm

goldeneye wrote:
Lonnie wrote:

And What you seem to miss is.. My tuition would be 9k a year!! I already have that saved for two years. Howard is over 50k a year... You picking up my tab?? Don't worry I'll wait

Lonnie

Postby Lonnie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:49 pm

atcushman wrote:
goldeneye wrote:
Lonnie wrote:

YA but he's got 5K at SIU its almost free

5.5 a year.. that minus instate tuition is 9k a Year! SMFH Just move around already

danitt

Postby danitt » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:50 pm

Lonnie wrote:
goldeneye wrote:
Lonnie wrote:

And What you seem to miss is.. My tuition would be 9k a year!! I already have that saved for two years. Howard is over 50k a year... You picking up my tab?? Don't worry I'll wait

Cost of living also taken care off? Books? Fees?

ETA: I don't even know why I'm doing this anymore. Boredom?

Lonnie

Postby Lonnie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:52 pm

TheThriller wrote:
Lonnie wrote:

I don't think the danitt ever mentioned erectile dysfunction.

OP, where in Indiana are you from?

Damn. Why do you think I'm your long lost relative? Are you looking for me to come suck my balls?? WTH you keep asking irrelevant ass questions OM?

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:54 pm

danitt wrote:Cost of living also taken care off? Books? Fees?

LST does put NCCU's total cost at only $85k for instate students, so OP would be looking at about $57k total price. $120k was a bit exaggerated. However, couple that with 3 years of lost productivity to get a 36% chance at getting some kind of legal employment, I wouldn't take it. But to each their own, I guess.
Last edited by alwayssunnyinfl on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lonnie

Postby Lonnie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:55 pm

Dont want the debt, dont want to live in DC....and you have nothing to be embarassed about. Many men of your age cant get up... #ShitHappens[/quote]

OUR WHOLE POINT HAS BEEN DEBT.[/quote]

And What you seem to miss is.. My tuition would be 9k a year!! I already have that saved for two years. Howard is over 50k a year... You picking up my tab?? Don't worry I'll wait[/quote]
Cost of living also taken care off? Books? Fees?

ETA: I don't even know why I'm doing this anymore. Boredom?[/quote]

Thats to be expected living anywhere! Duh. I factored that in.. and would be less debt then the other options I have. If All my fucking options right now are 3-4T schools WTF would I go to one with 3-4x as much debt since this is about my money!?

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:55 pm

You do still have two options that are much better than the two you're currently boxing yourself into:

1) Study and retake.

2) Don't go to law school

Lonnie

Postby Lonnie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:56 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

LST does put NCCU's total cost at only $85k for instate students, so OP would be looking at about $57k total price. $120k was a bit exaggerated. However, couple that with 3 years of lost productivity to get a 36% chance at getting some kind of legal employment, I wouldn't take it. But to each their own, I guess.

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... t-rankings

shntn

Postby shntn » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:57 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:You do still have two options that are much better than the two you're currently boxing yourself into:

1) Study and retake.

Really consider the second option.

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:57 pm

First, OP was like:

Then, he was all:

And finally, he went:

--ImageRemoved--

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Lonnie wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

What point is this supposed to make? I don't care if you graduate from NCCU with no debt. Unless you have really good connections, it's a complete waste of time.

Lonnie

Postby Lonnie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:01 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:First, OP was like:

Then, he was all:

And finally, he went:

--ImageRemoved--

LOL! Sure was.. and am

danitt

Postby danitt » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:02 pm

shntn wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:You do still have two options that are much better than the two you're currently boxing yourself into:

1) Study and retake.

Really consider the second option.

How dare you deny this man his dream?!? Just like a white man to try to tell a brother what to do!

Lonnie

Postby Lonnie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:03 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Lonnie wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

What point is this supposed to make? I don't care if you graduate from NCCU with no debt. Unless you have really good connections, it's a complete waste of time.

You wrote about debt your numbers were wrong.. and it doesnt have to make a point to you right?? BC this matter doesnt concern you

fruitoftheloom

Postby fruitoftheloom » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:04 pm

OP - I know you're interested in SIU, but how do you get in state tuition? Aren't you from Indiana? I hear they're opening a new law school in Indiana that's supposed to be stellar. Have you thought about that?

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:05 pm

OP, since you seem kind of willing to engage in dialogue:

Let's assume that you could go to one of these schools for free or very cheaply. The odds are that you still won't have a job of any kind after you graduate. Why would you want to waste three years for a degree that doesn't benefit you, even if it's free?

Lonnie

Postby Lonnie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:12 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:OP - I know you're interested in SIU, but how do you get in state tuition? Aren't you from Indiana? I hear they're opening a new law school in Indiana that's supposed to be stellar. Have you thought about that?

If you have a parent in IL you may qualify. I just had to fill out some paperwork. It goes for a lot of schools people don't know about.. At NCCU has it where after your first yr you can qualify for instate T- thats a 15k difference... Things I researched
Last edited by Lonnie on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lonnie

Postby Lonnie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:17 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:OP, since you seem kind of willing to engage in dialogue:

Let's assume that you could go to one of these schools for free or very cheaply. The odds are that you still won't have a job of any kind after you graduate. Why would you want to waste three years for a degree that doesn't benefit you, even if it's free?

BC I believe in myself. I believe I can excel there, I may not come from the same opportunities as some, but I have had judges recognize my litigation skills.. effortlessly in my early 20's, before I even knew this would be a goal. There are plenty people that have gone to small schools that do Very very well. And I think I have the potential to do well enough. I have 0 debt.. A credit score of 850 and a cousin who already has a practice; if all else fails I know he will take me in.. I dont need members of this forum shitting on my goals bc its not a top school.

danitt

Postby danitt » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Lonnie wrote:

BC I believe in myself. I believe I can excel there, I may not come from the same opportunities as some, but I have had judges recognize my litigation skills.. effortlessly in my early 20's, before I even knew this would be a goal. There are plenty people that have gone to small schools that do Very very well. And I think I have the potential to do well enough. I have 0 debt.. A credit score of 850 and a cousin who already has a practice; if all else fails I know he will take me in.. I dont need members of this forum shitting on my goals bc its not a top school.

Wrap it up folks.

Lonnie

Postby Lonnie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:20 pm

danitt wrote:
Lonnie wrote:

Wrap it up folks.

You are welcome to EXIT stage Left. You won't be missed!

Lonnie

Postby Lonnie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:26 pm

And I got an acceptance letter for Michigan State Univ Last yr with a lower LSAT score this year.
But I wouldnt want to live in Michigan and they have some of the highest Debt rates of US law schools.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”