University of Florida 1L taking questions Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
nebula666

Silver

University of Florida 1L taking questions

Post by nebula666 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:40 am

I haven't seen anyone on here from UF so I'd be happy to answer any questions about the school, Gainesville, etc.

Throttle

New

Re: University of Florida 1L taking questions

Post by Throttle » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:30 pm

How difficult have you found your first semester? Any profs that are total dicks? How have you and your classmates generally handled your 1L year? Are the 3Ls helpful?

Seeing as how OP posted this months ago, any Florida 1L who can answer this would help a lot.

nebula666

Silver

Re: University of Florida 1L taking questions

Post by nebula666 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:45 pm

Throttle wrote:How difficult have you found your first semester? Any profs that are total dicks? How have you and your classmates generally handled your 1L year? Are the 3Ls helpful?

Seeing as how OP posted this months ago, any Florida 1L who can answer this would help a lot.
It's kind of hard to evaluate how difficult I found the semester to be, but I did think that all of my tests were "fair". Our Intro to Lawyering class was a little strange and there will be some kinks to work out if they decide to keep this class for future 1L's. This is the first year they had it and it was just somewhat unorganized and the final was 36 questions and multiple choice.

None of my professors were mean. They all had vastly different teaching styles, cold-calling methods, and class structures in general, but there were no prof's whose class I didn't enjoy.

I've managed to make friends with some helpful upperclassmen so far. Because of our extensive four-day orientation (ILSP - introduction to law school and the profession), I was introduced to many 2L's and 3L's before classes started. Each course has review sessions ran by one 2L and one 3L, so I also received a lot of help from them as well. Some were willing to provide outlines and other helpful materials while others were more reserved.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”