BigLaw firms that need entry level paralegals/assistants? Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
RickyDnwhyc

Bronze

BigLaw firms that need entry level paralegals/assistants?

Post by RickyDnwhyc » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:54 am

Is anyone aware of any openings for entry level (little to no exp required) positions at any Biglaw firm in Boston/NYC/DC? Administrative, legal asst, project asst, corp/lit paralegal, temp to perm, 2 yr commitment would also be fine, I'm just looking to get my foot in the door and to finally be able make an informed decision on law school.

I've already started patrolling Biglaw websites but there don't seem to be a lot of open positions ( :shock: )so I figured why not see if any insiders on TLS can help?

Any advice in getting an interview/interviewing for these types of positions would also be appreciated.

I spent a few months as a paralegal at a large multi-office asbestos mass tort litigation firm in NYC. Also reading some books about basic business law to give me that edge...

Thanks

Dear 0Ls: PLEASE READ.
TLSofficial wrote:If you're a 0L wanting advice from current law students, we've set up a new forum just for you, which you can find here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=4

It's called "Ask a Law Student", and it's a place for 0Ls to ask current law students questions without disturbing the "Students and Graduates" forums. Post all your questions there, including about things like classes, grades, transferring, employment, etc. Please do not continue posting your questions here in the Students and Graduates forums, as doing so might get you banned and/or your thread locked.

Thank you for your understanding.
In light of the preceding, we are moving this thread to the appropriate forum - THE MODS

alex.feuerman

Bronze

Re: BigLaw firms that need entry level paralegals/assistants?

Post by alex.feuerman » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:20 am

I got multiple interviews after graduating for college to be a paralegal, took a job in Biglaw, didn't like it so quit after a year. Then got offered three more jobs as a paralegal after quitting. I used head hunters, robert half, robert hadley, hmm what else....special counsel....I'm trying to remember more names. Just google "law placemenent firms (x city)."

Do you have any other work experience apart from the few months in asbestos? Also obviously where you did UG / your GPA matters. Many people don't like placement firms because they don't call, but they won't call if you don't have good WE, GPA, etc...

Jredelman15

Bronze

Post by Jredelman15 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 am

what GPA is competitive?

RickyDnwhyc

Bronze

Post by RickyDnwhyc » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:38 pm

Yeah I have other work exp, mostly internships for marketing/advertising

I'll check out those recruiting firms, thanks.

I graduated in May 2011 but I didn't start looking for paralegal work till more recently.

RickyDnwhyc

Bronze

Post by RickyDnwhyc » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:41 pm

Does anyone know anything about "Practice Development Assistant" positions?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”