LSAT Practice Score vs. Actual score. Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
yaboy23

New

LSAT Practice Score vs. Actual score.

Post by yaboy23 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:53 pm

Being that the LSAT is in two days, I wanted to know what is the chances of me scoring of what I have been scoring on the practice tests? Do people generally score the same on the actual test or lower? An admissions counselor for a law school told me people generally score five points lower than their actual test. Is this true?

I'm curious to know because I don't want to take the test in October because I am not scoring where I want to score at the moment, but on the other hand I want to take the test so I can get a vibe of what it like on test day and how nervous I will be so I can come better prepared for December's test.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

-Austin

Nova

Platinum

Re: LSAT Practice Score vs. Actual score.

Post by Nova » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:06 pm

yaboy23 wrote:An admissions counselor for a law school told me people generally score five points lower than their actual test. Is this true?
lol, no.

yaboy23

New

Post by yaboy23 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:11 pm

Thanks a bunch!

Austin

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:23 pm

Only you know how you deal with nerves on test day. I don't get test anxiety, so I was pretty confident of hitting my average (I actually beat my average by a point). Scoring 2-3 points below your average is probably the most common. A few people bomb it and even fewer magically overperform.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

iMisto

Silver

Post by iMisto » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:41 pm

I definitely scored 5 points lower on my actual test.

Oklahoma2014

New

Post by Oklahoma2014 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:26 pm

It depends on the person. For me, it was difficult to ever take a practice test seriously. Thus, my actual score was 3 points higher than my highest practice test. But overall, it seems that most people score a few points below their best practice score. Probably just depends on how seriously you take the practice tests and how strictly you actually adhere to the timing.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”