Which journals/law reviews accept student publications?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
ehshornet
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:23 pm

Which journals/law reviews accept student publications?

Postby ehshornet » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:08 pm

I was wondering if current editors of law journals/law reviews could let me know if you accept publications from students not attending that institution? If so, could you provide the name of the journal/law review?

I already have my note publishing with my current journal, but I wrote a separate paper that I would like to submit to journals. I know for my journal, we only accept publications from law students at our institution.

Thanks in advance!

User avatar
Rotor
Posts: 917
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:06 pm

Re: Which journals/law reviews accept student publications?

Postby Rotor » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:25 pm

ehshornet wrote:I was wondering if current editors of law journals/law reviews could let me know if you accept publications from students not attending that institution? If so, could you provide the name of the journal/law review?

I already have my note publishing with my current journal, but I wrote a separate paper that I would like to submit to journals. I know for my journal, we only accept publications from law students at our institution.

Thanks in advance!

Try ExpressO: http://law.bepress.com/expresso/
You'll need to access an account, but your LR probably has one you can use.

ehshornet
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:23 pm

Re: Which journals/law reviews accept student publications?

Postby ehshornet » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:38 pm

Rotor wrote:
ehshornet wrote:I was wondering if current editors of law journals/law reviews could let me know if you accept publications from students not attending that institution? If so, could you provide the name of the journal/law review?

I already have my note publishing with my current journal, but I wrote a separate paper that I would like to submit to journals. I know for my journal, we only accept publications from law students at our institution.

Thanks in advance!

Try ExpressO: http://law.bepress.com/expresso/
You'll need to access an account, but your LR probably has one you can use.


We do and I have an account because I am an articles editor. However, doesn't it cost money to send out my paper through bepress? I would not be opposed to it if I knew in advance which journals/law reviews accepted student publications. However, I did not think bepress provided that information, right?

User avatar
Rotor
Posts: 917
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:06 pm

Re: Which journals/law reviews accept student publications?

Postby Rotor » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:41 pm

ehshornet wrote:
Rotor wrote:
ehshornet wrote:I was wondering if current editors of law journals/law reviews could let me know if you accept publications from students not attending that institution? If so, could you provide the name of the journal/law review?

I already have my note publishing with my current journal, but I wrote a separate paper that I would like to submit to journals. I know for my journal, we only accept publications from law students at our institution.

Thanks in advance!

Try ExpressO: http://law.bepress.com/expresso/
You'll need to access an account, but your LR probably has one you can use.


We do and I have an account because I am an articles editor. However, doesn't it cost money to send out my paper through bepress? I would not be opposed to it if I knew in advance which journals/law reviews accepted student publications. However, I did not think bepress provided that information, right?
Pretty sure that students only pay a small one-time fee, not a per journal fee like the profs do. Then IIRC each of the schools that do not allow outside submissions will not allow you to check the block to send to them if you're a student. It's been about a year, so I could be remembering wrong though.

For my note, I just looked online at the handful of journals that address a very niche subject, so unfortunately don't have data for a general LR submission. I do have some friends from Berkeley who published with Buffalo, so there's one who does.




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: General_Tso, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests