Baylor Law School

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Baylor Law School

Postby Nova » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:02 am

Jeremyl wrote:
patrickd139 wrote:
Jeremyl wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WkFuCi2ZdQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBLTW-KLdHA

This guy is real. If you didn't hear, he is a lawyer. He was a solo for several years before being disbarred and graduated from UT law before the economy went to shit and legal hiring got flipped on its head. Same as our friend utlaw2007 (except for the disbarment I hope).

Would you trust this guys legal hiring advice over the conventional wisdom of TLS? I didn't think so.

Unless Adam Reposa = utlaw2007, then your argument is bad and you should feel bad.


my argument is logically sound.

No its not.

Its a classic LSAT flaw. You must have missed that question.

utlaw2007
Posts: 783
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: Baylor Law School

Postby utlaw2007 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:09 am

And how unfortunate it is for the aspiring lawyer who doesn't believe this is possible or maybe even true. The key is having an entrepreneurial spirit. The key to wealth is never working for someone. It's always working for yourself no matter what line of work you choose. It's not guaranteed or even likely in most cases. But it can be done assuming one has a great business acumen.

But for the original poster, don't apply to Baylor. Just don't.
Last edited by utlaw2007 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

utlaw2007
Posts: 783
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: Baylor Law School

Postby utlaw2007 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:16 am

Nova wrote:
Jeremyl wrote:
patrickd139 wrote:
Jeremyl wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WkFuCi2ZdQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBLTW-KLdHA

This guy is real. If you didn't hear, he is a lawyer. He was a solo for several years before being disbarred and graduated from UT law before the economy went to shit and legal hiring got flipped on its head. Same as our friend utlaw2007 (except for the disbarment I hope).

Would you trust this guys legal hiring advice over the conventional wisdom of TLS? I didn't think so.

Unless Adam Reposa = utlaw2007, then your argument is bad and you should feel bad.


my argument is logically sound.

No its not.

Its a classic LSAT flaw. You must have missed that question.


And he must have missed several other LSAT questions, which is why he attends Baylor.

The Jeremy dude is just trying to tear me down by saying I'm someone who I'm not in an impotent attempt to make himself appear more credible and knowledgeable. The scary thing is that he makes this assumption on the basis that the Adam guy and I went to the same law school and are both solo. No, there couldn't be anyone else from UT's large classes that shares those traits. You know who else went to UT Law and went solo early in his legal career and has been solo ever since? Joe Jamail, the richest lawyer in the country who has a net worth of 1.5 billion dollars. He hardly made that money working a firm job.

utlaw2007
Posts: 783
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: Baylor Law School

Postby utlaw2007 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:48 am

i will always picture utlaw2007 as adam reposa, until i am proven otherwise.



@Jeremy. That Adam Reposa dude graduated from UT Law in 2001. My name is UTLaw2007. Why on earth would I use 2007 if I had graduated in 2001? And this guy passed the bar in 2003 according to the Texasbar.com website. I think my use of 2007 means that I graduated in 2007. It's not like someone has been on to me so I had to change my name to throw people off. And wouldn't I just use another law school instead of broadcasting that I went to UT? But until you are proven otherwise...

You really are helpless, aren't you? I kind of feel sorry for you.

User avatar
patrickd139
Posts: 2883
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: Baylor Law School

Postby patrickd139 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:03 pm

Okay. Back on track. I wouldn't worry about any consequences coming from Baylor reading your posts. Several problems with the rest of this.

First, you seem to be acknowledging and then completely ignoring people who tell you not to attend a law school intending to transfer. It makes no difference which law school you're going to, or which ones you plan to attempt to transfer to. I understand that SMU and GWU may have told you they'd take you as a transfer. Of course they would. They'll take transfers from most schools, assuming you're in the very top of the class at Baylor. This assumption (that you'll be in the top of the class at Baylor), is the single and sole reason why attending a law school and planning to transfer is a terrible, terrible idea. It will not work out. You will not be that person. And then you'll be stuck at Baylor.

Second, even if you have the grades to transfer (which you won't), you will only have two quarters, not semesters, under your belt as of July 26th. You'll have to check me on this one, but I seriously doubt that will be enough hours. Baylor is on the quarter system, where three quarters roughly equates to 2 semesters. Almost every law school in the country requires its income transfer students to have completed an entire year (2 semesters, or 3 quarters) before matriculating at their school.

Third, my problem with your assumption that you'll be able to transfer is the same problem I have with you assuming you'll be able to leverage some sort of additional scholarship money from Baylor if you decided to stay. I'll ask my wife about this, as I'm no expert, but I've never heard of anyone getting additional money from Baylor by threatening to transfer.

Overall, the poster above got it right. You're stuck with your law school (and the debt and job prospects) unless you're within the tiniest group of students who are either smart enough to transfer out or smart enough to drop out. I've never heard of a student who started in the spring and transferred out to SMU or UH. And even if you did, I'm pretty sure being that high in the class (even at Baylor) would make that a lateral move, at best.




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: christinaxcarrie, lonola, tomwatts and 8 guests