Charlotte Law School Aample Program

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
JCannon11
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:08 pm

Re: Charlotte Law School Aample Program

Postby JCannon11 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:45 pm

As a recent student from CSOL. I am extremely happy that I transferred to another law school. CSOL pit their students against each other with their grading system. The median is a C which is considered an F at other law schools. The top 50 for our class gpa was 2.33 (are you kidding me). The top 10% was 3.22 (Which is an average for top 50% at other law schools). Lucky I was above the median and the law school I transferred to, understand my situation. Matter of fact the incoming transfer class had at least three CSOL transfers including myself. CSOL does not have system support for their students, no advisors, no mentor programs; local firms do not come on campus to recruit, pretty much on your own. The school only offers pro-bono opportunities and jobs with corporations (as an compliance officer whoo whoo I can get that with an MBA degree if I was going that route, possibly with an B.A.). The bar passage rate was at 58% when I enrolled a year ago, and only increased to 67%. Most the 3L’s are worried that they cannot pass the bar. The 2L’s feel that they are stuck or are blinded by the bullshit that this school gives their students and think that they can get an job with their CSOL degree. The bottom line is that CSOL is not the school that supports their students, does not care about their name nor rank, but only the money. Law schools around the nation know about the CSOL’s grading system and are willing to accept transferring students based on their grading system. BUT STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL, UNLESS YOU WANT TO OWE OVER $150K AFTER GRADUATION WITH AN SALARY OF $50K AS A DOCUMENT SPECIALIST.

racrfish
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:31 am

Re: Charlotte Law School Aample Program

Postby racrfish » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:35 pm

.
Last edited by racrfish on Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

khanha
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Charlotte Law School Aample Program

Postby khanha » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:13 pm

I didn't score that well on my LSATS so I was accepted to Florida Coastal School of Law's AAMPLE program for the Summer 2011 semester. It consisted of 2 classes: Negotiable Instruments (N.I) and 4th Amendments.

I am here to tell you that you will have to study your butts off to pass. The passing rate varies from each year (last year it was 60%).

Email me for notes, outlines, whatever you need to pass.

Good Luck. I'm here to help because I've been through this rigorous program.

aamplehelp@gmail.com

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Charlotte Law School Aample Program

Postby Ludo! » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:30 pm

khanha wrote:I didn't score that well on my LSATS so I was accepted to Florida Coastal School of Law's AAMPLE program for the Summer 2011 semester. It consisted of 2 classes: Negotiable Instruments (N.I) and 4th Amendments.

I am here to tell you that you will have to study your butts off to pass. The passing rate varies from each year (last year it was 60%).

Email me for notes, outlines, whatever you need to pass.

Good Luck. I'm here to help because I've been through this rigorous program.

aamplehelp@gmail.com


If anybody needs some help from me in deciding not to go to this shitty law school, go ahead and email me your address at

don'tdoaampleyouretards@youwillbeunemployed.com

and i will come to your house and slap some sense into you

meika02
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:58 am

Re: Charlotte Law School Aample Program

Postby meika02 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:47 pm

Just checking in on this post. I study and took the lsat again scoring higher the second time. I was accepted into the school without taking the aample program. Since then I have maintained a 3.5 and I have obtained several scholarships and internships with prospective employers. I am happy with my decision to attend CSOL and I will be graduating in December. Thanks for your comments and concerns!

User avatar
UOI4430
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Re: Charlotte Law School Aample Program

Postby UOI4430 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:51 pm

Flame.

User avatar
lymenheimer
Posts: 3488
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:54 am

Re: Charlotte Law School Aample Program

Postby lymenheimer » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:47 pm

deepbluepentium wrote:blah blah blah


meika02 wrote:Just checking in on this post. I study and took the lsat again scoring higher the second time. I was accepted into the school without taking the aample program. Since then I have maintained a 3.5 and I have obtained several scholarships and internships with prospective employers. I am happy with my decision to attend CSOL and I will be graduating in December. Thanks for your comments and concerns!


Do either of you have a job offer (do not read: job prospects)? If so, where?

(yes I recognize the age of this thread - I just wanted a conclusion)

deepbluepentium
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:01 pm

Re: Charlotte Law School Aample Program

Postby deepbluepentium » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:53 pm

lymenheimer wrote:
deepbluepentium wrote:blah blah blah


meika02 wrote:Just checking in on this post. I study and took the lsat again scoring higher the second time. I was accepted into the school without taking the aample program. Since then I have maintained a 3.5 and I have obtained several scholarships and internships with prospective employers. I am happy with my decision to attend CSOL and I will be graduating in December. Thanks for your comments and concerns!


Do either of you have a job offer (do not read: job prospects)? If so, where?

(yes I recognize the age of this thread - I just wanted a conclusion)


Thanks for following up. Yes, I'm working as a full time attorney at Thomas Price PLLC. I work on immigration and personal injury. But then again, I'm one of the lucky ones. AAMPLE should be a last resort ONLY IF you have confidence in your ability to finish top in your class or you already have a job lined up post-graduation. My views have become a bit more conservative over the last couple of years.

meika02
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:58 am

Re: Charlotte Law School Aample Program

Postby meika02 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:18 am

I am currently interning with a real estate firm and have two potential job offers. I guess I am one of the lucky ones too lol.

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22822
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Charlotte Law School Aample Program

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:52 am

What is a potential offer?

User avatar
lymenheimer
Posts: 3488
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:54 am

Re: Charlotte Law School Aample Program

Postby lymenheimer » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:01 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:What is a potential offer?


The same as a "job prospect" imo...

deepbluepentium
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:01 pm

Re: Charlotte Law School Aample Program

Postby deepbluepentium » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:01 pm

Ludo! wrote:
khanha wrote:I didn't score that well on my LSATS so I was accepted to Florida Coastal School of Law's AAMPLE program for the Summer 2011 semester. It consisted of 2 classes: Negotiable Instruments (N.I) and 4th Amendments.

I am here to tell you that you will have to study your butts off to pass. The passing rate varies from each year (last year it was 60%).

Email me for notes, outlines, whatever you need to pass.

Good Luck. I'm here to help because I've been through this rigorous program.

aamplehelp@gmail.com


If anybody needs some help from me in deciding not to go to this shitty law school, go ahead and email me your address at

don'tdoaampleyouretards@youwillbeunemployed.com

and i will come to your house and slap some sense into you


Shut the F*** up you little troll. I'd break your ass with minimal effort--marine corp style you elitist bitch.

User avatar
lymenheimer
Posts: 3488
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:54 am

Re: Charlotte Law School Aample Program

Postby lymenheimer » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:19 pm

deepbluepentium wrote:
Shut the F*** up you little troll. I'd break your ass with minimal effort--marine corp style you elitist bitch.


*he says 2.5 years later*...

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22822
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Charlotte Law School Aample Program

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:41 pm

deepbluepentium wrote:
Ludo! wrote:
khanha wrote:I didn't score that well on my LSATS so I was accepted to Florida Coastal School of Law's AAMPLE program for the Summer 2011 semester. It consisted of 2 classes: Negotiable Instruments (N.I) and 4th Amendments.

I am here to tell you that you will have to study your butts off to pass. The passing rate varies from each year (last year it was 60%).

Email me for notes, outlines, whatever you need to pass.

Good Luck. I'm here to help because I've been through this rigorous program.

aamplehelp@gmail.com


If anybody needs some help from me in deciding not to go to this shitty law school, go ahead and email me your address at

don'tdoaampleyouretards@youwillbeunemployed.com

and i will come to your house and slap some sense into you


Shut the F*** up you little troll. I'd break your ass with minimal effort--marine corp style you elitist bitch.

This is not appropriate, and stupid besides, since there's no point in responding to a 2.5 year old post.

deepbluepentium
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:01 pm

Re: Charlotte Law School Aample Program

Postby deepbluepentium » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:02 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
deepbluepentium wrote:
Ludo! wrote:
khanha wrote:I didn't score that well on my LSATS so I was accepted to Florida Coastal School of Law's AAMPLE program for the Summer 2011 semester. It consisted of 2 classes: Negotiable Instruments (N.I) and 4th Amendments.

I am here to tell you that you will have to study your butts off to pass. The passing rate varies from each year (last year it was 60%).

Email me for notes, outlines, whatever you need to pass.

Good Luck. I'm here to help because I've been through this rigorous program.

aamplehelp@gmail.com


If anybody needs some help from me in deciding not to go to this shitty law school, go ahead and email me your address at

don'tdoaampleyouretards@youwillbeunemployed.com

and i will come to your house and slap some sense into you


Shut the F*** up you little troll. I'd break your ass with minimal effort--marine corp style you elitist bitch.

This is not appropriate, and stupid besides, since there's no point in responding to a 2.5 year old post.


Correct. This IS inappropriate. Timing is irrelevant since much of what was claimed against me personally, has now been proven false. Further, I've experienced numerous vulgar insults on this thread (see previous comments). I'm not here to bash anybodys goals or choices like some of these cyber trolls. But if people want to get stupid, I wouldn't mind bringing them to my world for a few painful moments.

I've identified myself well on this thread. Can't say the same for those that have called me names here. 100% bitches!!!

User avatar
pancakes3
Posts: 3898
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: Charlotte Law School Aample Program

Postby pancakes3 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:11 pm


deepbluepentium
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:01 pm

Re: Charlotte Law School Aample Program

Postby deepbluepentium » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:12 pm

lymenheimer wrote:
deepbluepentium wrote:
Shut the F*** up you little troll. I'd break your ass with minimal effort--marine corp style you elitist bitch.


*he says 2.5 years later*...


Lol since i gave you personal information about me, what is your name and where are you from so that i may bless you and/or your loved ones with a nice gesture. Courtesy of the finest military training/experience. Please challenge me shitbrain. That's right, you won't share! Keep your smartass comments to yourself.

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22822
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Charlotte Law School Aample Program

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:14 pm

Yeah, no, we're not going to do this. Threatening to assault people because they've criticized your advocacy for a school with very poor employment prospects is not the way to go. You getting a job doesn't invalidate their arguments about the school, either. If you continue arguments in this fashion you will be banned.




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest