NYU Law: question about housing Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
commerceclause

New

NYU Law: question about housing

Post by commerceclause » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:48 am

Hi -- I might have missed this elsewhere, but what is the story on first year housing? Is Mercer superior to D'Agostino? Also, would be curious to hear about your own rooming experience and whether you have any regrets (e.g., taking or not taking a studio vs. living with a roommate).

Thanks!

birdlaw117

Gold

Re: NYU Law: question about housing

Post by birdlaw117 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:10 am

commerceclause wrote:Hi -- I might have missed this elsewhere, but what is the story on first year housing? Is Mercer superior to D'Agostino? Also, would be curious to hear about your own rooming experience and whether you have any regrets (e.g., taking or not taking a studio vs. living with a roommate).

Thanks!
There are certainly benefits of either. Dag is cheaper and closer to school, but it's also older and the rooms are smaller. Mercer is bigger, newer, and close to the gym, but it's also more expensive. Some people really like the convenience of Dag. Personally, I like the walk from Mercer, it helps me clear my head, it's a good time to make phone calls, and it's only 10 minutes.

Also, studios are tough to get. Most 1Ls will end up having 1 or 2 roommates and very few ever seem to have issues.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”