CSO reciprocity

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
rinkrat19

CSO reciprocity

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Does anyone have any experience with using another school's CSO resources?

I'll be attending Northwestern and trying to get back to Portland (not limiting myself, but that would be my ideal). It appears from their website that Lewis & Clark will give access to their job listings to students from other schools (for a fee, unless you are from a partner school, natch). It's the first time I have heard of CSO reciprocity.
http://law.lclark.edu/offices/career_se ... ciprocity/

Has anyone done anything like this (via L&C or any other school)? Is it common? Was it useful? Would L&C's job listings likely have more Portland jobs than whatever system I have access to at NU?

SaintsTheMetal

Re: CSO reciprocity

Postby SaintsTheMetal » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:22 pm

tag

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:24 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Does anyone have any experience with using another school's CSO resources?

I'll be attending Northwestern and trying to get back to Portland (not limiting myself, but that would be my ideal). It appears from their website that Lewis & Clark will give access to their job listings to students from other schools (for a fee, unless you are from a partner school, natch). It's the first time I have heard of CSO reciprocity.

Has anyone done anything like this (via L&C or any other school)? Is it common? Was it useful? Would L&C's job listings likely have more Portland jobs than whatever system I have access to at NU?

Holy shit. You are just starting at NU? Dude, I could have sworn you were a 3L or graduated by now. I think you will kill it dude, but don't get cocky ;)

eandy

Postby eandy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:24 pm

I go to UGA and have reciprocity with South Carolina. I don't get access to their symplicity listings. I do get access to their alumni listings. I get it in 4 month increments. I can renew it a few times. I get access to counseling there if I make an appointment. I may not make an appointment during peak times (August 15-October 15). Some schools publish their rules online. Just contact the head of your CSO.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:04 am

Lawquacious wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Does anyone have any experience with using another school's CSO resources?

Holy shit. You are just starting at NU? Dude, I could have sworn you were a 3L or graduated by now. I think you will kill it dude, but don't get cocky ;)
lol, I've been around an extra year because I deferred my acceptance. :P But yep, I'm a 0L.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:05 am

eandy wrote:I go to UGA and have reciprocity with South Carolina. I don't get access to their symplicity listings. I do get access to their alumni listings. I get it in 4 month increments. I can renew it a few times. I get access to counseling there if I make an appointment. I may not make an appointment during peak times (August 15-October 15). Some schools publish their rules online. Just contact the head of your CSO.
Thanks!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”