Anyone transfer OUT of GW?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.

Re: Anyone transfer OUT of GW?

Postby Wily » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:53 am

Blurose, I'm in almost exactly the same spot as you, as we've talked about over PM. But I'm retaking my 168 in 4 days. I also am hoping to do well at GW and transfer, but I am willing to give myself another shot at a better LSAT score to see if I can break into the T14 by original application rather than transfer. I'm also not, at first glance, very interested in NU or UVA (GULC was my top choice and I applied ED there but was rejected this cycle).

You're in a slightly different situation from me because you can't retake now, you'd have to do it in October and definitely sit out another cycle. But I also really don't want to sit out another cycle, so I know how you feel.

Re: Anyone transfer OUT of GW?

Postby quiver » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:23 am

I just want to co-sign everything bk1 has said ITT. OP, you have astronomically better chances at the T14 by retaking and reapplying than by transferring. You have to accept the fact that you will not be attending one of YSH absent ridiculous circumstances (top 5% at GW or retake, get into T14, and finish top 5-10% there to even have a chance).

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”